Accounts Payable Specialist (Long-Term Temporary Opportunity)
*Cover letter required with application.*
*Please note, this is a long-term temporary opportunity position of 12 months based on workload and performance.*
Summary: The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the knowledge of federal and state tax code and University policies and procedures as it relates to Accounts Payable functions. This position maintains and vets supplier information, as well as the audit and/or review of transactional data. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining high levels of professional customer service with our campus community and external partners.
- Receives, sorts, and scans incoming paper invoices, Pcard statements, and reimbursement requests.
- Manages and inputs vendor information, including obtaining adequate tax information in order to vet supplier information against both the federal TIN and EPLS databases.
- Audits and reviews invoices, Pcard statements, and reimbursement requests for compliance with federal and state tax regulations, compliance with University policies and procedures, accuracy, and correct FOAPAL elements.
- Investigates discrepancies in compliance, accuracy or coding, and communicates those discrepancies to the appropriate personnel, including employees and suppliers.
- Enter invoices and reimbursement requests timely and accurately in the accounting system to avoid any late payment fees, interest, or penalties.
- Manages the payment process for electronic, paper, and manual payments.
- Maintains and updates the Pcard online system and database for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Suggests improvements to processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifies root causes to issues and implements solutions.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma.
- Experience in general office procedures; 10-key proficiency.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects while meeting critical deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment across multiple levels of the University.
- Perform quality work within deadlines and without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of superior customer service standards and practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Two year Associate’s degree plus equivalent experience.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States