Equipment Technician - BAITS/Fire Technology & EMS
invites applications for the position of:
Equipment Technician - BAITS/Fire Technology & EMS
SALARY: $3,017.28 /Month
OPENING DATE: 07/26/17
CLOSING DATE: 09/15/17 04:30 PM
DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under general supervision of the Center Director to organize and coordinate the equipment and supplies distribution for EMT, Athletics, Fire Science, and AOJ. To receive, fit, issue, store, repair, and maintain physical education, athletic, and public safety equipment, apparel, and supplies on a day to day basis. Prepare and issue/collect uniforms for athletic competitions, issue lockers to athletic participants, faculty and staff. To train and supervise student workers. This job class is responsible for inventory of equipment and supplies of an instructional center.
SUPERVISOR: Center Director or designee
CLASSIFICATION: Range 29 on the Classified Salary Schedule, 40 hours per week, 8:00 - 5:00, Monday through Friday, 10 months per year. This position is off contract 44 days throughout the fiscal year as determined by supervisor after hire.
BENEFITS: Holiday, vacation and sick time will be provided. Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance provided at a share of cost on a pretax basis, CalPERS Retirement and an employee assistance program (EAP).
Employees have the option to contribute to:
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• 403(b) and 457 Retirement Plans
• Section 125 Plan including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Dependent Day Care Accounts
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
• Disability Income Insurance
• Cancer Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Accident Only Insurance
• Critical Illness Insurance
For more information regarding Employment and Benefit Policies, please view the Classified Employee Collective Bargaining Agreement.
TYPICAL DUTIES, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
• Organizes and coordinates distribution of equipment and supplies related to Athletics, Physical Education, Fire Science, EMT, and AOJ.
• Maintains computerized inventory and record keeping of physical education, public safety and athletic apparel, equipment, and supplies.
• Maintains accurate records of equipment issued to students, faculty and staff.
• Assists in developing equipment and supply needs for budget preparation for the replacement of equipment, supplies, and athletic apparel.
• Receives, marks, issues, checks, cleans/disinfects, repairs and maintains public safety and athletic apparel, and supplies.
• Collects physical education, public safety equipment and athletic uniforms and towels.
• Properly fits equipment for all men's and women's intercollegiate teams and public safety students.
• Cleans, sanitizes, and regularly inspects physical education, public safety and athletic equipment.
• Reports missing equipment and supplies and initiates recovery of items.
• On occasion, assists in laundry of uniforms and towels.
• Makes minor adjustments and repairs to uniforms and equipment as necessary. Reports need for major repairs to supervisor.
• Prepares uniforms, supplies, and equipment for home and away athletic events.
• Maintains equipment room in a neat and orderly manner.
• Issues lockers to athletic students, faculty and staff.
• Trains and supervises student workers.
Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school, previous experience in college athletic equipment position preferred. Proficiency with computers and computer software. Experience with equipment and supply inventory and coordination.
• Computer applications to assist in recording and inventory of equipment, uniforms and supplies.
• Equipment, materials, supplies, and terminology used in men's and women's physical education, intercollegiate athletics and public safety.
• Basic uniform and equipment repair, using assortment of power and non power tools.
• Uniform and equipment care including the effects of washing and drying uniforms.
• Health and safety regulations.
• Training and providing direction to student workers.
• Demonstrate understanding of and sensitivity to diverse populations.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Maintain accurate records using computer system and software applications.
• Train and supervise student workers to assist in assigned tasks and duties.
• Receive, issue, store, and repair equipment in assigned departments and or programs.
• Indoor and outdoor work environment
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
• Dexterity of fingers and hands to repair and set up various equipment.
• Sight sufficient to handle and maintain equipment.
• Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
• Lifting moderately heavy objects.
• Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
• Bending at waist, kneeling and crouching.
• Enter and work in confined spaces.
• Climb ladders.
• Contact with cleaning chemicals.
• Work with and around compressed air and gases.
• Decontamination of equipment, supplies and clothing soiled by blood borne pathogens.
Online Application with Additional Preferred Materials to be attached to application:
• Cover letter addressing criteria listed in the position announcement
• Current resume
• College transcripts (unofficial will be accepted at the time of application)
Attention Internal Applicants:
• Internal candidates must also apply online and submit all required materials to be considered.
• Internal candidates cannot attach evaluations OR letters of recommendation from administrators or Board of Trustee members.
After formal application has been made, all application materials will be screened.
• Interviews will be by invitation only.
• Interviews are held on campus. No Skype or phone interviews.
• The District does not provide expense/travel reimbursement for this position.
New Classified Appointments will be placed at Step 2 on the Classified Salary Schedule and will graduate to the next step on July 1st if the hire date is before April 1, with subsequent steps annually thereafter to a maximum sixth step.
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://www.shastacollege.edu/Human%20Resources/Current%20Openings/Pages/ApplicantResources.aspx
Longevity pay in accordance with Section 8.8 of the Classified Employee Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Community College District ("Shasta College") does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, disability (physical and mental), pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Shasta College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.