Manager for Fundraising Initiatives
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
The Manager for Fundraising Initiatives will provide communications and organizational expertise to University Advancement in support of the university's fundraising priorities and feasibility study(ies). This position will provide leadership in supporting an advancement team focused on connecting with constituents and supporters and will interface with board members, volunteers and principal donors as well as staff and students. The Manager will focus on coordinating special Advancement projects, contributing to fundraising initiative planning and execution, and encouraging collaboration among team members. Additionally, the Manager is responsible for researching, writing and/or editing proposals and other fundraising-related materials such as newsletters, presentations, summaries, website copy and case statements. The Manager provides executive support to the Vice President of Advancement.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Draft and manage implementation of the University Advancement communications plan, with the direction and support of the Vice President for Advancement and others.
- Work directly with the VP and Development staff by writing and/or editing proposals, grant applications, presentations, summaries, case statements, white papers, and other materials.
- Write or assist others in preparing print and digital communications, including the production of publications, newsletters, magazine stories, direct mail, electronic communications and others.
- Provide direct executive support to the Vice President of Advancement and maintain a high level of knowledge about institutional priorities and knowledge.
- Collect and manage information necessary to prepare communication vehicles, including background research, interviews, existing messaging, etc.
- In coordination with the Marketing and Communications team and others, manage and implement communications activities and events including press releases, information updates, etc.
- Produce and distribute a calendar to inform Advancement and leadership about planned communication.
- Ensure institutional brand consistency by working with Marketing and Communications graphic design and editorial staff.
- Staff and participate in volunteer committee and Advancement meetings; provide administrative support in the form of preparing communications materials, coordinating meetings, etc.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned; i.e. special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
A bachelor's degree and one to three years of related experience are required. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required. Candidates must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. for events and special projects.
Review of application will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Please see our notice of nondiscrimination housed on our website.
We ask that candidates please set-up an account and apply through our online system. As part of the application process, applicants will be asked to upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format:
- A cover letter
- Name, address and phone number for three professional references
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at (937) 327-7517.