Field Systems Engineer
Responsible for onsite and remote installation, integration, testing and follow-up support of a broad range of IPTV technologies. These include middleware, set-top box, video on demand, and conditional access/encryption and DHCP systems.
• Effectively partner with customer to troubleshoot and resolve difficult systems and networking issues relative to IPTV deployments.
• Accept direction from project management
• Follow project management processes and best practices
• Effectively communicate customer status and escalate customer issues to project management immediately
• Willing to travel worldwide up to 50%
Required Skills & Abilities:
Technical depth in one or more of the following disciplines: IPTV middleware, IP networking and Web-based client/server applications, Linux scripting.
• Linux system management experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to quickly learn a broad array of technologies and apply knowledge to real-world problems
• Ability to interface directly with customer personnel
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Understanding of internet content streaming
• Prior experience with IPTV ecosystems
2 + years of network management and systems integration experience.
Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Bachelor/Master's Degree or equivalent experience.
Minerva Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, nation origin, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
Minerva enables telco's and cable operators to transform their legacy pay TV systems into a next generation video delivery solution faster and more cost effectively. The Minerva platform, supported by a 'best of breed' open ecosystem, has been deployed to over 300 operators worldwide. Our solutions offer support service delivery across any broadband-capable access network, including xDSL, FTTx, HFC, and OTT applications. Minerva also offers a full range of multiscreen clients to deliver a compelling and consistent user experience that includes premium features such as whole home DVR, VOD, pay per view, network DVR, catch-up and restart TV, and customizable Internet content. These features are available across a wide range of devices, including set-top boxes, tablets, smartphones, PC's and other consumer electronics devices. At Minerva, we are simplifying the connect life.
San Jose, CA
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 15:09:23 PDT