Telecom/ Civil CAD Drafter
MGC Technical Consulting is an engineering firm specializing in design and permitting services for the most important telecom providers in the Pacific North West market. Some of our projects include: fiber backbone builds, building fiber service laterals, point to point microwave solutions, and building telecom infrastructure, design, clean-up, and updating. Most of our work involves acquiring permits from local jurisdiction and utility companies so construction contractors can install fiber cables in public right of way by means of trenching, boring, and aerial utility pole installation.
We currently have a Civil CAD Drafter position open for the appropriate candidate. Position would include, but is not limited to:
- Creation of civil basemap/ site plans from various data sets (GIS, PDF, Aerial mapping programs, and more), as well as creation from scratch using field notes and photos from fielding engineer.
- Building civil construction drawing sets for permit acquisition. Packages include plans, profiles, typical details, restoration plans, site photographs, and traffic control plans.
- Project follow-up by means of Project Revisions and As-Built document set.
- Occasional field survey work.
- 3-5 years of experience using AutoCAD.
- Experienced in Civil Engineering and Land Surveying projects.
- Knowledge of underground utilities, ISP and OSP cabling infrastructure a PLUS.
- Ability to manage time effectively and consistently meet project delivery dates.
- Highly detail-oriented, self-starter individual.
- Knowledge of office software (Office 365, Adobe Acrobat) and project management tools (SharePoint, Lync/Skype Meeting) a PLUS.
- Must be in possession of High School diploma.
- Associates or degree in a Drafting/Design discipline strongly preferred.
- Salary: DOE
- Opportunity to participate in company's medical benefits and 401k program.
- Paid holidays and vacation.
MGC Technical Consulting is an engineering firm specializing in OSP and ISP fiber optic design, permitting, and construction. We believe that one of the main goals of a telecom provider is to beat all competition to the customer. We strive to deliver this by expediting engineering services. Speed to market is our number one goal. Our relationships with jurisdictions and our knowledge of their processes help define our value. By knowing the requirements of the project up front, our timelines for obtaining permits can expedite the overall delivery of the project.
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 08:16:22 PDT