Coordinator of Student Activities
Under guidance of Regional Director of Orientation and Student Activities, coordinator assists student organizations with the recognition and registration process, maintaining compliance with University and campus regulations, budgeting and accounting procedures, membership recruitment, program planning and assessment, promotional efforts and other tasks.
- Under guidance of Regional Director of Orientation and Student Activities, assist student organizations with the recognition and registration process, maintaining compliance with University and campus regulations, budgeting and accounting procedures, membership recruitment, program planning and assessment, promotional efforts and other tasks.
- Advise Campus Activities Board (Middletown) and Campus Activities Committee (Hamilton).
- Plan August & January Welcome Week activities.
- Facilitate student-led and student-planned activities.
- Hire, train, and manage student employees. Approve student employee time in Kronos.
- Oversee shared student activities space on respective campus.
- Assist with Student Orientation Advising & Registration programs.
- Maintain the student activities website
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree (in Education, Creative arts, Recreational sports, Psychology/Social work, or Marketing preferred).
- Experience in event planning
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in group facilitation
- Must be willing to work some irregular and flexible hours, including some nights/weekends
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to develop and foster teamwork
- Experienced with tools for developing promotional materials
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Excellent organizational skills
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.