Creative Marketing Copywriter
Creative Marketing Copywriter
Requisition Number: STFR003981
Division/College: Professional Advancement Network
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Creative Marketing Copywriter is responsible for telling the Northeastern University brand story—its value proposition, positioning, differentiators, and compelling student outcomes—across a wide range of tactical communications, including but not limited to print (advertising, direct mail, collateral, signage, etc.), digital (websites, microsites, email campaigns, banners, infographics), video, etc.
The biggest challenge will be to bring this unique university to life in the hearts and minds of prospective students, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and demonstrate for them every reason why they should consider Northeastern, reach out and apply.
The Creative Marketing Copywriter will understand how to solve problems through creative concepting, and how a great concept is informed by a clear strategy. He/she will also understand that brainstorming is a team sport, and everyone participates—designers, marketing managers, strategists, and academic partners; because the ultimate goal is to uncover the idea that best solves the problem at hand, and it doesn't matter who or where it comes from.
The Creative Marketing Copywriter is responsive to feedback, flexible to sudden shifts in strategy and tactics, and adaptable to working in a dynamic, stimulating, open concept work environment. Ideally, he/she will have experience working in either an external or in-house agency and have an online portfolio to view as part of his/her application.
It's helpful to have a basic understanding of direct marketing principles, including the mysterious marketing funnel—lead generation, lead nurture, and conversion strategies. Familiarity with SEO, testing, and optimizing content through analysis and other quantifiable measures is also a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or related discipline
• 4-6 years’ experience in copywriting, content writing, or related functions including (not limited to) writer, communications specialist, and content marketing writer
• Portfolio of previous work demonstrating integrated campaigns one-off projects across medias—print and digital
• Demonstrated success in concepting and writing creative advertising and marketing deliverables
• Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment
• Previous experience in an advertising agency or in-house creative department.
• Ability to successfully work with vendors and agencies to produce results.
• Strong problem solving skills.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.