Director of Network and Support Services
Dominican University of California is seeking a candidate for a Director of Network & Support Services position. The Director of Network and Support Services provides leadership, vision, and management to the Network team and Support Services team and oversees the infrastructure of the University network and technical systems as well as the university technical support services. This position serves as the principal infrastructure architect and lead systems administrator for the university.
1. Provides leadership, vision, and management to the network team and support team. Develops
departmental strategies and processes to optimize operations.
2. Establishes guidelines for, and oversees the design of the overall network and systems
3. Enforces network and systems policies and procedures.
4. Studies system usage, makes recommendations for improvements, and determines network
5. Analyzes existing network and system procedures for efficiency and effectiveness.
6. Analyzes and assists in defining disaster recovery responsibilities and procedures. Determines
requirements for data backup procedures.
7. Evaluates network technologies for potential acquisition and directs the evaluation of various hardware and software resources to best satisfy the needs of the network and systems architecture.
8. Manages and develops standards and procedures for the network team. Plans, designs, and integrates data telecommunications networks. Monitors and analyzes existing network hardware and software and evaluates potential network enhancements. Performs highly advanced networking and systems administration work.
9. Insures the alignment of the support team with the existing and evolving infrastructure and
technical services of the university and recommends technical training initiatives
10. Researches, recommends and implements cyber-security policies.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• Minimum 10 years of experience managing complex networks
• Experience managing datacenters and core network hubs
• Proven aptitude to design robust and effective technical systems
• Ability to manage multiple priorities successfully
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Strong team management experience
• Proficient in all relevant management and programming tools
• Deep experience with Microsoft, Linux and Apple systems
• Ability to solve complex issues rapidly
• Linux, KVM, Ceph, MySQL, Postgresql, clustering, load balancing, apache
• Nagios/Centreon, Solar Winds, Firewalls (Fortinet, Smoothwall), Splunk
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by October 1, 2017; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.