Sporting Event Aide (P/T Temp), CP2N12033ATH
Responsible for one or more of the following duties:
Position Title: Sporting Event Aide (P/T Temp), CP2N12033ATH
Duties of Position:
- Assist with all assigned game-day operation.
- Assist with home games including, but not limited to, football, soccer, volleyball, baseball, softball and basketball games.
- Assist with all assigned non-game day sport specific needs.
- Operation of scoreboard.
- Operation of game clocks.
- Serve as official scorekeeper.
- Serve as play-by-play announcer.
- Serve as game statistician.
- Assist with game summary reports.
- Assist in set-up and take-down of game equipment.
- Assist in distribution, management and collection of players equipment.
- Operational duties: ushering, ticket taker, monitoring of entry gates, floor sweeping, ball shagging, line judging, filming, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Must have knowledge about team sports and rules including, but not limited to, football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball and soccer.
High School diploma.
Previous sporting game operations preferred including game clock and scoreboard console operation, game announcing and official score book/score keeping.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Knowledge of various sports rules. Must have good communication skills, attention to detail and be willing to work nights and weekends as needed.
Sport game consoles, various sport specific equipment, microphone, computers, stereo machines and cameras.
Must be able to work varying hours (nights and weekends). Inside and outside work. May work in inclement weather. Some light lifting involved. Possible ticket sales and handling of money. Handling of dirty equipment. Possible physical work required.
Department: Athletics - ATH
Position Type: Temporary - TP
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt