Director of English Education
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 08-29-2017
The Director of English Education, under the direction of the Chair, in consultation with Department Council, and in coordination with the Director of Undergraduate Studies, the Undergraduate Studies Committee, and the English Education Committee, provides intellectual, pedagogical, curricular, and administrative leadership for the Department's English Education program.
1. Ph.D. or other terminal degree (e.g., Ed.D.) in English Education or a closely related area of English Studies.
2. Evidence of effective teaching in a public high school for a minimum of five years.
3. Excellent interpersonal communication, writing, and presentation skills.
4. Knowledge of educational initiatives including teacher evaluation and Common Core State Standards.
5. Ability to identify, manage, and analyze programmatic data for the purposes of written reporting and presentation.
6. Ability to work with considerable latitude and independence of action.
7. Ability to work effectively and in a professional manner with students, staff, and faculty.
8. Ability to implement program policies consistently and equitably.
9. Ability to create informational reports about student and instructor activities.
10. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Experience in leadership or management roles, preferably in the field of education.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.