Assistant Director, External Relations
Requisition # 2017-7920
Date Posted 3 weeks ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The mission of Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for External Relations, and working closely with the Assistant Director of Athletics for Marketing and Community Relations and the Assistant Director of Athletics for the Princeton Varsity Club and External Relations, the Assistant Director, External Relations responsibilities will include support and staffing of marketing and ticketed home athletics events, graphic design and creation of original content across various platforms, support and staffing of several Princeton Varsity Club (PVC) and Departmental special events and support of community service and student-athlete programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Assistant Director of Athletics for Marketing & Community Relations to create and implement marketing and promotional strategies for Princeton's 37 varsity teams, with a primary focus on the five ticketed sports: football, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's hockey and men's lacrosse.
- Leadership of 2-3 ticketed sports marketing plans and game day execution (including promotions, game-day entertainment, etc.) and support of marketing plans and game day execution for all remaining ticketed sports.
- Marketing in support of non-ticketed sports, with a strategy built around helping to promote key match-ups, including social media campaigns, push emails, etc. that will interface with the following constituents: alumni, community members, families, students, faculty/staff, campers, youth teams, etc.
- Work closely with campus colleagues (Office of Community & Regional Affairs, Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students, etc.) to promote attendance and fan engagement.
- Create and design departmental publications (in support of marketing and the PVC, including event invitations, advertisements, electronic and print newsletters and social media graphic creation.
- Assist in the execution of the department's Athletics Style guide and brand guidelines.
- Serve as a liaison to external graphic design groups and as a departmental project manager to assist in the execution of facility upgrades and enhancements.
- Working in conjunction with the Assistant AD for Marketing & Community Relations and the Assistant AD for the Princeton Varsity Club, serve as the primary liaison to all student workers and casual hourly employees.
- Serve as a liaison to the Ticket Office as it relates to group sales strategies and efforts to grow and expand our season ticket holder and single game ticket holder base.
- Assist with the execution and staffing of several PVC, Athletics Friends Groups and Department of Athletics events.
- Support “Tigers in the Community” programming, including Reading with the Tigers, Weapons of Mass Construction, Coach for College and the Student-Athlete Service Council.
- Work at games and other events on nights and weekends. Some travel may be required.
- Adhere to Ivy League and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years of experience in athletic marketing or a similar field
- Ability to represent the Department of Athletics on campus and in the local community
- Graphic design knowledge
- Strong writing skills
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site., Support & staffing of marketing/ticketed home athletics events, graphic design, Princeton Varsity Club (PVC), Departmental special events & support of community service and student-athlete programs.