University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
Position #737972 - Requisition #10911
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Information Technology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Delivery Manager position.
* Please Note: This position is funded for a 2 year assignment and benefit eligible with the potential to be extended.
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
The Enterprise Applications and Services (EAS) Web Services Delivery Manager will develop and execute the university's CMS website transition plan. He or she will be the Office of Information Technology's primary point of contact for clients and will be responsible for facilitating client transitions from their current websites hosted on a legacy SharePoint platform to a new Sitefinity CMS: 50+ client sites, 4 - 8 in progress at any given time with an estimated 24 month program timeline.
This position requires strong organizational, customer-facing, relationship-building, negotiation, and problem-solving skills in order to deliver multiple, complex service projects.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Develop and execute the overall CMS transition plan across multiple areas to ensure effective delivery (The "overall plan" is the integration of the OIT/University Communications CMS transition plan and client transition plans)
- Work closely with clients to facilitate the multi-phase CMS website transition process. Ensure delivery milestones are met and deliverables are provided on schedule
- Drive day-to-day core CMS transition team activities to meet milestones and keep tasks on track
- Accountable for driving the development and delivery of major program deliverables
- Perform program logistics (i.e. client workshops, meetings, action tracking, status updates, etc.)
- Work with OIT leadership (EAS and Web Services) to ensure linkage between strategic and tactical activities
- Ensure appropriate involvement of departments throughout the program (IA, UX, UI, Development, QA, etc.)
- Leverage domain expertise to drive and improve service delivery, clearly set and manage customer expectations and proactively address and resolve delivery-related issues
- Coordinate and manage group-wide communications ensuring the overall program objectives are clear and visible to both colleagues and key stakeholders
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $70,000 to $80,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Completion of four years of college with a bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college with major emphasis in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or a closely related field.
- Two years experience managing service delivery or managing complex software or website launches.
- A combination of work related experience (Professional experience managing client relationships, communications and event management, as well as evidence of progressive career advancement with increasing responsibilities) in the areas listed above may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel between campuses (Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus)
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Understanding of UX practices and principles
- Technical aptitude
- Experience with a product management approach to software development
- Experience working with strategic product roadmap(s)
- Experience working with teams using Microsoft Development Platform (.NET, SQL, TFS, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent client engagement and client management skills
- Experience in launching enterprise-level web sites or commercial software products
- Experience in project management. Highly flexible and adaptive, able to multi-thread across a number of simultaneous complex projects
- Outstanding cross-functional skills
- Proficiency in influencing and negotiating at the stakeholder level
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a history of hands-on management of university initiatives
- Excellent organization, communication, presentation, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: Aug 29, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: OIT Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: ucd-oit.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00737972