Production Specialist Printing
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Facilities Management Department/Printing Services
Job Title Production II - Printing Services
Position #00675369 - Requisition 10850
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Facilities Management Department/Printing Services has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Production Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
This position will operate various bindery equipment to assist with the assembly and finishing of print projects as needed and requested, as well as accurately record time & bindery functions performed on order billing forms. They will print and distribute warrant checks for Procurement and Bursars offices in accordance to strict guidelines. Also, this position will learn how to efficiently operate digital presses and seek guidance and follow recommendations of fellow employees and managers in all duties until confidence and accuracy in completion of work is achieved. This position will be a backup for pickup and delivery or printing orders for both the Anschutz Medical Campus and DDC campus along with the supporting locations on the Auraria campus and other vendor locations by means of operating a minivan, golf cart and use of carts and dollies to transport materials, keeping a detailed log of all deliveries and vehicle log sheet.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $31,956 to $35,444.and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- One year of production equipment operating experience appropriate to the work assignment which must have included bindery work and pre-press.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must possess a current, valid Colorado Driver's License or have the ability to obtain one within 30 days at the time of hire.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug testing and maintain an acceptable status throughout the period of employment.
- At least one year of bindery experience
- Adobe Creative Cloud knowledge
- At least one year of pre-press experience
- Canon Digital Press experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Paper selection knowledge.
- Knowledge of printing equipment and common practices.
- Knowledge of file setup/prepress
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse, multicultural populations and be inclusive in all interactions.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and stay composed and positive even in trying moments.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Michael Swyers at Michael.Swyers@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: September 12, 2017
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20674 - ADM-AVCFO Other FS Printing SC
Posting Date: Aug 29, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lisa Carrillo
Posting Contact Email: Lisa.Carrillo@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00675369