Construction - Project Engineer
The Project Engineer assists the Project Manager with managing company equipment, personnel and other resources within the project's allotted budget and schedule while training for a project management position.
- Problem solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality
- Interpersonal skills-Maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Oral and written communication- speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills. Edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information. Knows when to send an email and/or make a phone call. Does not engage in "frivolous email wars" and has ability to stop them.
- Written communication-Edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information
- Planning/organizing-Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Quality control-Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability-Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability-Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- 0-2 years of engineering or entry-level management experience
- 2 months or more accrued field installation experience
- Microsoft Suite of Software, Microsoft Project, Adobe or Bluebeam, Timberline or similar accounting software; AutoCAD and Onscreen Takeoff considered a plus
- Thorough knowledge of construction drawings and specifications
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
- Valid Driver's License
- Assist with creating and maintaining project schedules and budgets
- Ability to assist with/perform on site project management
- Ability to schedule, attend and/or conduct meetings
- Has a thorough understanding of both technical and practical aspects of DEC/SEC scope and has ability to assist with submittals.
- Possesses the ability conceptualize and draft RFI's and Change Estimates.
- Manage, maintain and track information within the compliance log.
- Perform all duties associated with project document tracking:
- Transmittal and delivery log
- Change Estimates and Change Orders
- ASIs and Addendums
- Meeting Minutes
- Has ability to draft (only) subcontracts in acting in the best interest of the company.
- Perform budget adjustments and total-to-date adjustments
- Compile/Generate Project Reports
- Verify with superintendent project status to compile pay applications, cash flows
- Ability to create and manage punch lists
- Compile and submit monthly payment applications
- Assist with, compile monthly cash flow and margin analyst
- Review daily reports and communicate major issues
- Manage assigned subcontractors
- Conduct project reviews
- Consistently communicate with engineering, fabrication and field personnel
- Honesty - Lies and half-truths will not be tolerated.
- Ability to Delegate - Identifying the strengths of your team and trusting your team to achieve your vision.
- Communication - Clearly communicates thoughts, tasks, and expectations.
- Candor - Does not withhold any information thoughts or questions regardless of sensitivities when dealing with each other internally.
- Sense of Humor - Ability to guide others through a stressful situation without panicking. Encourages positive energy and fun in the workplace.
- Leads by Example - Never ask someone to do something you are not willing to do yourself.
- Intuition - Uses previous failures/successes to lead your team through uncharted waters.
- Creativity - Thinks outside the box to solve issues. Examine all options before making a decision.
- Open to Change - Hire people smarter than yourself and expect growth in all areas.
- Proactive vs. Reactive - Planning and pushing your projects in lieu of them driving you.
- Respectful - Respects the opinions, the time, and the responsibilities of others
- Vacation/Sick Leave
- Company Bonus Plan
Precise Hand/Eye Coordination 50%-75%
Basic keyboarding or small motor skills 50%-75%
Operation of heavy equipment or vehicles 25%-50%
Lifting/pushing objects, specify weight: 50 lbs 25%-50%
Exposure to hazardous materials or electrical shock 25%-50%
Climbing or working in awkward or cramped positions 25%-50%
Work nights and/or weekends 50%-75%
On Call 24 hours per day 25%-50%
CML Security provides Security Electronics Integration, Detention Equipment Installation, and Maintenance Services for:
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 10:36:43 PDT