Accounting Assistant, 80%
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
Process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting and financial transactions such as billings, employee petty cash reimbursements, student club activity, etc. Complete the college wide deposit and all related deposit and payment posting activities. Provide general administrative support to the Financial Operations department.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Prepare and process financial transactions (i.e. journal entries, budget entries, cashiering, billings, etc.).
- Coordinate activities for the college wide bank deposit and system entry, including researching and reconciling discrepancies, and processing and posting entries into the bank and the general ledger.
- Support student clubs by providing financial information, preparing deposits, and processing check requests.
- Prepare and reconcile periodic financial reports.
- Provide support through general office duties (i.e. scanning, posting, ordering, data entry, etc.).
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College’s values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success – Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Accounting Assistant Technical Diploma. Associate's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
Experience: Two years related experience.
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Microsoft Word and Excel; knowledge of billing software, and/or electronic remittance systems preferred.
Department: Financial Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Union Code: ESS
Salary Grade: B
Reports To: Manager, Accounting
Amount of Travel Required: No travel required
Positions Supervised: None
Location: Green Bay
Standard Hours: 30 hours per week; Monday-Friday 8:00am - 2:30pm. Flexibility required for other hours as necessary.
Minimum Starting Salary*: $16.94/hour
*Current benefit eligible employees will be placed within the pay range based on their current rate/range.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.