JOB NO.: 91943-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: INTL DIV/INTL DIVISION
Categories: Marketing, Public Relations
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91943-AS
Working Title: Marketing Specialist
Official Title: MARKETING SPECIALIST(S74DN)
Hiring Department: A104000-INTL DIVISION/INTL DIVISION
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 25, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $41,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
1. Minimum B.A. or B.S. is required, in marketing, public relations, communications, business, or related field.
2. International living/study experience, domestic study away, and/or work with an international focus preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1. Minimum 2-3 years experience in communications, event planning, public relations, project management or marketing, preferably in higher education or a non-profit organization setting.
2. Experience with creating, implementing, and evaluating creative marketing campaigns.
3. Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
4. Working knowledge of Web and social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, and other online networks.
5. Ability to independently coordinate all aspects of recruitment and promotional events requiring multi-tasking to meet deadlines under pressure.
6. Proven ability to produce accurate, appropriate and effective marketing materials.
7. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with both internal/external constituents providing support to individuals representing a broad range of academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
8. Demonstrated initiative and creativity.
9. Proficiency with computer applications, such as Adobe CS3, WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Office Suite.
10. Experience in photography, video and other media.
11. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
This position is a multi-functional position within International Academic Programs (IAP), a unit in the International Division, which serves as the largest study abroad office at UW-Madison. IAP administers more than 200 study abroad and domestic study away programs and annually sends over 1,500 UW-Madison students abroad. Further information about IAP can be found at: http://www.studyabroad.wisc.edu
The Marketing Specialist, reporting to the IAP Associate Director for Program Management, will be responsible for developing and implementing IAP?s communication and marketing strategies and materials that effectively market and disseminate information, and promotes IAP?s programs and services to students, as well as develop communications for other stakeholders including faculty, staff, alumni, donors, and the community.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
Please submit a Cover letter and a CV/Resume online by the assured consideration date.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Aug 29 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Sep 19 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time