Education Specialist - The Bridge Project
The Education Specialist is responsible for literacy and STEM instruction within the education program at the Quigg and Lincoln Bridge Project sites. This includes teaching set curricula, creating appropriate lessons & materials, assessment of participant reading levels using the PALS and creation of individual literacy plans. This position will also help support the tutoring program at the site level. This position reports to the Education Coordinator at the Bridge Project.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Two years teaching in a community agency setting or an elementary or middle school, reading preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop the relationships necessary to engage students in learning.
- Ability to work with low income diverse populations age kindergarten through adult.
- Knowledge and ability to conduct reading assessments on K-8th grade students.
- Knowledge of grade level appropriate curriculum and activities.
- Knowledge of healthy risk and protective factors within this population.
- Ability to implement project based curriculum for a variety of age groups.
- BA in Education.
- Three years teaching K-5th grade literacy.
- Two years working with low income, diverse populations.
- Teaching Certificate
- Literacy teaching, training, and background.
- Experience working with English language learners.
- Experience in curriculum development and implementation.
- Familiarity with PYD and PBIS.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.