Senior Creative Copywriter
8AM - 5PM
$53,700 - $79,800
The Senior Creative Copywriter is responsible for creative concept development and copywriting of both internal and external communications for departments within the division of Student Affairs. Principle duties include developing original, creative and compelling written content for marketing and advertising collateral including but not limited to websites, electronic emails, brochures, posters, calendars, social media channels, video, and other communication pieces as assigned. This position works collaboratively with department web and graphic designers, other writers and campus clients to brainstorm concepts and creative directions that promote Student Affairs clients and the campus brand to prospective and current student audiences. Additionally this position may oversee and direct the messaging efforts of students responsible for posting messaging on social media outlets. The Senior Creative Copywriter is a polished communicator capable of solving communication challenges and developing original solutions. A keen familiarity with design/advertising and communication trends as well as a deep knowledge of marketing and branding concepts is preferred. **Applicants will be required to submit a work sample as part of the selection process.**
Working knowledge of marketing and design process.
Knowledge of computer applications for publishing, image handling, and/or web production.
Must have excellent time management and project management skills as well as the ability to shift direction as priorities change.
Thorough skills to write clear, lively, engaging and compelling copy in a variety of styles appropriate to target audiences and/or the broader public, while ensuring adherence to the location's message.
Thorough attention to detail, project management and organizational skills.
Advanced interpersonal communications skills, including active listening and effective collaboration skills.
Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills.
Advanced knowledge of appropriate editorial style and publication guidelines.
Advanced project management, organizational and problem recognition, avoidance and resolution skills.
Advanced knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation and advanced skills to write clear, lively, engaging, compelling and effective copy in a variety of styles appropriate to target audiences and the broader public.
Advanced research and fact verification skills.
Advanced skill in taking initiative to creatively identify and pitch story ideas to senior management and clients.
Skill to maintain absolute confidentiality.
Advanced knowledge of issues in higher education, a specialized academic discipline or field and/or health sciences.
Advanced, in-depth knowledge of the location, including its mission, goals, achievements, infrastructure, programs, and policies.
Creative writing assignments require marketing knowledge and the ability to write marketing-focused content.
Skill with editing in a Content Management System environment.
Ability to use copy-writing and editing software.
Skill with design/advertising and communication trends as well as a deep knowledge of marketing and branding concepts.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview