Graphic/New Media Designer for the Out-of-State Market
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $83,600
The Graphic/New Media Designer for the Out-of-State Market is responsible for creating, designing, overseeing and deploying original web, electronic and print communications to compel out of state prospective students to choose UC Riverside. the incumbent is also responsible for creating and implementing design and marketing strategies that will inform current students of the programming and events available to them as students at UC Riverside. Please note: Applicants will be required to submit work samples as part of the selection process. This is a one year career position with the possibility of extension based upon funding and need.
Advanced knowledge of production processes for a variety of media and knowledge of vendor requirements for a variety of products.
Advanced knowledge with formatting graphics for print, electronic, mobile and social media platforms. Conceives, produces and prepares files, graphics, and/or illustrations for visual media, including html email, print and web design.
Advanced knowledge and ability to create stunning and compelling graphics using the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and other equivalent graphic and web design software.
Advanced design, creative and artistic skills.
Critical thinking skills, advanced organizational skills and proactive problem-solving/problem resolution skills.
Advanced interpersonal communications skills, including active listening skills and skills to work effectively within teams and to effectively provide advanced design advice and consultation to clients on all aspects of visual communications.
Advanced skills to devise broad design ideas, present them to clients, and produce results on time and within budget.
Advanced knowledge of design and communications concepts and applicable software applications.
Ability to lead and mentor others in the department.
Advanced knowledge of the location, including its vision, mission, goals, and objectives.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview