Admissions Recruiter- Staff- California Northstate University College of Health Sciences (CHS), Rancho Cordova, California, USA
Job Title: Admissions Recruiter, College of Health Sciences (CHS)
Job Classification: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt $21.00/hr
Closing Date: Position open until filled
Anticipated Start Date: August 2017
Position Summary: Seeking a fast-paced, proactive, creative person with superior oral and written communication skills as well as excellent organizational abilities. The Admissions Recruiter is responsible for the execution of communication strategies that influence enrollment. Responsible for recruiting qualified applicants for admission to the school in accordance with state and federal accreditation and company policies and regulations, consistent with the highest ethical standards. Responsible for managing time and inquiry resources to generate interest in our programs. This position will conduct a high quantity of prospect phone contacts to secure appointments and interview activity, and conduct follow-up activity with unresolved interviewees and future class applicants.
Reporting Responsibility: Under the general supervision of the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Admissions in the College of Health Sciences, the Admissions Recruiter functions as the point person for:
- Development of enrollment marketing publications and communications including letters, brochures, website postings, electronic mail and other mediums.
- Coordination and implementation of recruitment plans, admission, and special events related to prospective freshman, transfer, under-represented, and post-baccalaureate students toward fulfillment of recruitment efforts utilizing knowledge gained of admissions, scholarships, and registration.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately and completely explain educational programs, expected outcomes, students services, and financial consideration to students, parents, and educators.
- Manage inquiries to achieve prompt contact and performance activity weekly goals; utilize approved recruitment policies/formats; make prompt and effective contact with inquiries and redirect unqualified candidates based upon incompatible career goals.
- Secure new inquiries by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered.
- Schedule and conduct interviews, pursue qualified candidates for enrollment, and determine appropriateness of candidates for admission based upon career goal compatibility.
- Accurately forecast projected new students on a periodic basis for Assistant Dean of Student Affairs.
- Consistently conduct follow-up meetings, monthly at minimum, with all applicants to ensure successful matriculation.
- Assist other personnel and departments with data collection and problem solving.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In consultation with the deans of the College, plans and executes initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, direct mail, email, digital campaign, etc.)
- Assesses marketing needs and opportunities
- Brainstorms and develops ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Develops and writes marketing materials, i.e. flyers, brochures, etc.
- Manages projects
- Creates and/or reviews and edits marketing and advertising copy
- Creates and/or reviews and edits web copy to support program marketing
- Updates webpages with new content on an ongoing basis
- Guides the social media strategy to be in line with branding
- Undertakes individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned
- Visits middle schools, high schools, and colleges; speaks to diverse groups and individual students, and meets with school counselors and administrators to promote the undergraduate and post baccalaureate programs of the College
- Responds to inquiries from potential students and families. Manages e-mail communication through general college e-mail accounts
- Manages and coordinates recruitment efforts; arranges visits and tours for
- prospective studentsandparents. Workswithfacultytoarrangevisitsforprospective
- Participates in promotional opportunities, marketing campaigns, and committee meetings
- Occasionally required to work weekends, and evenings, especially September-November and March-April
- Attends relevant regional conferences as needed
- Prepares reports and proposals
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Master's degree preferred; and at least 1 year of experience that is directly related marketing and recruitment, OR
Bachelor's degree; and at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to marketing and recruitment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and analytics
- Knowledge of web-based marketing tools and content management systems
- Experience in the development of marketing materials for internal and external audiences
- Ability to utilize social media and understand student use of student media
- Skill in developing and implementing new strategies and procedures for marketing and recruitment
- Skilled proficiency to edit and proofread; attention to detail, grasp of grammar, and punctuation and able to exhibit a consistent style
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues
- Proven ability to work with diverse student populations
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to be flexible and to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to be proactive
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Skill in organizing and coordinating
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites and/or curriculum/graduation requirements
- Ability to use independent judgement and to manage and impart confidential information
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgements
- Ability to effectively participate in accreditation related activities, including but not limited to report generation, preparation of functional areas in accordance with accreditation standards
Experience working in higher education
Additional Requirement: Possess and maintain a valid California Driver's License.
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter of interest that addresses qualifications, experience and career goals
- Resume that includes month and year of employment
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three (3) references who can be contacted by the Search Committee and who can speak to a broad range of candidate's professional qualifications
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Admissions Recruiter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly