Project Manager, Systems Implementation
The University of Denver is looking to hire a Project Manager to oversee the successful implementation of new software systems, including a multi-year budgeting and financial modeling system. The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating internal resources and third-party vendors to ensure the successful, on time, on budget, implementation of selected systems.
This is a two year position that is fulltime and benefited.
The position will report to the Budget & Analysis team in the Provost's Office. Our team supports the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor and all institutional leaders by:
- Developing the University's operating budget.
- Aligning institutional resources with strategic priorities.
- Supplying timely data analyses to support institutional decision-making, planning, and policy-formulation processes.
We facilitate the process of setting tuition levels and merit increase pools; model the multi-year budgetary impact of program, policy, and process changes; and manage faculty personnel policy implementation.
Planning, organizing and leading the university's successful implementation of software systems, including the Oracle Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud services system. This will be accomplished by:
- Providing project leadership and controlling the project to ensure the successful (on time, on budget, expected functionality) implementation.
- Developing and delivering a project plan, measuring progress against plan, providing progress reports covering budget and assessment of risks or potential issues, evaluating causes of deviations from plan, and suggesting implementation of corrective actions to address deviations.
- Coordinating work assignments and deliverables with staff in Budget and Analysis, the Controller's Office, Institutional Technology, and various other colleagues/other functional stakeholders.
- Forming collaborative project teams and developing plans and strategies to successfully execute projects that support the implementation.
- Serving as the primary liaison to third party vendors' implementation teams and coordinating completion of tasks among cross-functional stakeholders with DU.
Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based budget and financial functions and other campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative fundraising practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly developed project management skills.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively with diverse audiences, individuals and teams, including senior university leadership and third party vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex, technical data to audiences with varying objectives and levels of expertise.
- Strong organizational skills and strict attention to detail including time and financial management.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a group.
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with campus partners and vendors.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in project management.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- 5+ years of work experience in financial management at a higher educational institution.
- 5+ years of work experience in project management related to software implementation.
- Current Project Management Professional certification (PMP).
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. including some nights and weekends.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, September 8, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.