Vice President, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs
Position Overview: The Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs reports to the Senior Vice President of Enrollment, Planning & Strategy (SVP EPS) and has primary responsibility for leadership, management, strategic direction, policy development, and administrative oversight for the Enrollment Management and Student Affairs units. The Vice President provides critical leadership in enhancing enrollment management (Admissions, Financial Aid, and Marketing), student development, student services, and student success.
The Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs provides leadership and oversight of a large complex division that includes the areas of Admissions (undergraduate, graduate and continuing education), Financial Aid, Marketing, Health & Counseling, International Student Services, Residence Life, Student Conduct, Student Involvement, the CARE team and Wellness Education.
The Vice President is also a senior leader of the college and will provide comprehensive advice and assistance to the president and executive vice president in establishing and meeting the strategic direction for the college.
The Vice President is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the division including the many services that students rely on to meet their educational, social and personal needs. The Vice President promotes high quality customer services and efficiencies of operation and is a champion for continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the departments and the college.
The Vice President works in concert with the SVP EPS and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs to support the academic mission of the College by providing a range of co-curricular services and programs to support students’ academic success and meet the diverse educational needs of students and the College community. The Vice President works together with colleagues to create a strong sense of fiscal accountability across campus, and to create an atmosphere of trust and respect in which all can succeed.
As a senior leader, the Vice President develops policy and practice on institutional issues, represents the College with external agencies and bodies, and serves as a College officer and representative on public occasions.
- Be a thought partner to the President and Executive Leadership Group by providing expertise on admissions, financial aid, retention, student affairs and residence life in Merrimack’s shared governance model.
- Work collaboratively with the Provost and academic deans to develop academic and co-curricular initiatives that will advance the goals, mission and enrollment growth.
- Oversee creation of effective internal and external strategies to enhance the College's brand recognition regionally, nationally and internationally.
Enrollment Management & Student Affairs Leadership and Management
- Serve as a member of the President’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Lead the development, operation and enhancement of units including Admissions, Financial Aid, Recruitment Marketing, Student Health Services, International Student Services, Student Conduct, Residence Life and Student Involvement.
- Research, develop, recommend, administer and evaluate policies, procedures, best practices and technology applications for the functions above to ensure the Division is facilitating the College's goals and ensuring effectiveness and compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Implement, update and monitor technology systems so that automated processes are in compliance with federal and state regulations and institutional policies, and that appropriate online services are developed and provided for services to students.
- Facilitate effective communication with current and prospective students, parents, and college personnel so that all constituents are kept accurately informed regarding student services.
- Identify critical issues, develop background information, collect and analyze data, prepare position statements, and report on special projects as needed.
Strategic Enrollment Management Planning
- Working closely with the SVP EPS, oversee the creation, implementation, and tracking of a college-wide Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Plan.
- Provide leadership in the college’s Strategic Enrollment Management initiatives, and ensure that the goals of the plan are achieved.
• Achieve predictable enrollments through planning and active management.
• Track and assess student recruitment, retention, and engagement initiatives.
• Develop a culture of clean, reliable data available at predictable intervals.
• Construct key performance indicators and use of metrics for decision making.
• Utilize technology to collect and analyze data.
• Use enrollment and student success metrics and analyses to drive other planning at the college.
- Analyze student needs, evaluate effectiveness of services, and identify emerging trends in higher education as inputs for institutional planning.
- Plan and implement systematic evaluation of all personnel programs and projects assigned.
- Actively participate in system audits, accreditation processes and other college-wide evaluation processes.
Student Development and Leadership
- Promote developmental model in Student Affairs by providing multiple opportunities for students to participate in broad-based programming.
- Create a multi-faceted, multicultural student life program that serves the needs of all students.
- Represent the College at student events.
- Serve as a mentor for student leaders and as an advocate for all students.
Budget Management and Human Resource Management
- Develop and administer personnel and non-personnel budgets for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs.
- Review the budget allocation process to ensure equity and judicious use of resources needed to meet student needs and college goals.
- Provide supervision, evaluation and professional development for administrative and support staff assigned to units.
- Supervise the recruitment and selection procedures and recommend employment of divisional staff.
- Promote and encourage leadership opportunities at the college.
Oversight of Organization
- Supervises 6 FT Employees - Direct Supervision;
- AVP of Graduate & Professional Studies Admissions
- AVP and Dean of Undergraduate Admissions
- AVP International Student Services and Recruitment
- Director of Financial Aid
- AVP of Marketing
- AVP of Student Affairs and Dean Students
- Student Engagement
- Student Health Services
- Residence Life
- Wellness Education and Student Conduct
- Service Learning
- Minimum or in progress - Master’s degree in student affairs, educational leadership, or a related field.
- Preferred - Doctorate degree in student affairs, educational leadership or a related field.
- Seven to ten years of progressively responsible leadership experience at a college or university.
- Record of data informed decision-making with a focus on best practices in enrollment management and leading edge practices in student development.
- Demonstrated experience developing strategic enrollment management, student retention and completion plans.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and disability backgrounds of students and employees.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume. All applications must be submitted using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox 52 and higher.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.