Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position performs accounting duties related to a variety of department functions.
• Manages the asset management system.
• Assists with month-end closeout duties.
• Reconciles accounts to the general ledger.
• Recommends adjusting journal entries.
• Prepares bank reconciliations.
• Prepares payroll liability account reconciliations.
• Prepares monthly asset reconciliations.
• Prepares monthly analysis of selected funds.
• Reviews weekly accounts payable check runs.
• Assists in cash management oversight.
• Assists with grant and contract management.
• Prepares monthly reimbursement requests for grant funds.
• Prepares quarterly and annual reports, including ad hoc reports as requested by the Board of Regents.
• Assists with year-end closing.
• Assists with the preparation of annual financial reports.
• Assists with annual audits.
• Assists with the development of internal control review and risk management analysis.
• Assists in the development of the policies and procedures manual.
• Performs quarterly petty cash audit and reconciliation.
• Performs related duties.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
The work consists of varied accounting duties. Strict regulations and the need for accuracy and confidentiality contribute to the complexity of the position.
The purpose of this position is to perform accounting duties associated with a variety of department operations. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness and accuracy of those operations.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for two years.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Knowledge of University System of Georgia policies and procedures.
Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
Skill in decision making and problem solving.
Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
Skill in oral and written communication.