Director of Dual Enrollment
Lead, plan, coordinate, and assess the operations that support Dual Enrollment at Delta College. This position is the liaison between the college and high schools/districts and is responsible for managing the terms and conditions of agreements and memorandum of understandings related to these programs. Promotes all outreach Secondary initiatives, such as Honor’s program and articulations by not only providing information but connecting the partners to the correct Delta office. Supports the College’s mission, vision and values by providing complex administrative support to the dual enrollment initiatives at Delta College. Works with dual enrollment faculty and staff involved in dual enrollment initiatives. Participates actively in the work of the College.
Understanding of and sensitivity to meeting the needs of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of the student, community, and employee population is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Lead the dual enrollment initiative by creating and maintaining a positive dual enrollment culture (both internally and externally) in order to grow in-district and out-district dual enrollment.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the dual enrollment program; establish and maintain timelines and priorities. Assist with administration of course offerings; assure related activities comply with established standards, laws, regulations and guidelines; oversee the development of dual enrollment program, services, and strategies in alignment with the College’s goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with faculty (Division Chairs, Discipline/Program Coordinators), academic and student services deans and teaching faculty to develop and implement the dual enrollment program onsite and off campus.
- Coordinate the offerings at the area high schools with the faculty liaison and Dean of Career Programs and Learning Partnerships, establish and maintain connections between academic administration, division chairs, and school districts.
- Work with Director of Honors Program to recruit and promote Delta’s initiatives to increase new students from area high schools for the Honors program and other initiatives.
- Work with Director of Learning Centers to promote learning centers as locations for dual enrollment classes.
- Work with Student Services staff and Dual Enrollment office professional to provide seamless services for dual enrollment students including recruitment, orientation to college, placement testing, and registration.
- Provide leadership in high school to college pathway efforts, articulation, and other high school participation programs.
- Work with Student Accounts staff to ensure billing transparency with school districts.
- Present information on dual enrollment to high school administrators, counselors, teachers, parents and students. Meet regularly to address concerns.
- Work with Institutional Research to develop and generate statistical data and reports related to dual enrollment.
- Monitor and assess dual enrollment system for operational efficiency, student, district, and college faculty satisfaction.
- Meet with high schools/districts administrators and conduct needs analyses in order to prepare a Memorandum of Understanding acceptable to both the college and high schools/districts.
- Prepare recommendations and/or contracts as appropriate and submit them to the Dean for consideration.
- Ensure student support structure is established for each signed agreement, including but not limited to counseling, matriculation, tutors, and books. Work with college staff to facilitate enrollment to high school students participating in a career pathway.
- Conduct site visits and strengthen communication between Delta College, high schools/districts, and their respective academic and student affairs departments.
- Develop and coordinate marketing, recruitment and outreach activities to facilitate and enhance knowledge of and participation in Dual enrollment Programs by students.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Career Programs and Learning Partnerships.
- Master’s degree: preferred concentration in Education, Counseling or Psychology
- Comprehensive knowledge of K-12 systems
- Negotiation and collaboration skills
- 5-7 years of K-12 administration experience
- Customer service focus