Hotel General Manager
As Hotel Henry's top facilitator, the General Manager is responsible for delivering the Hotel's strategy, vision and inspire a culture of excellence while driving memorable guest experiences and better than average financial performance. Primary responsibilities include:
Sales Leadership (50%)- Lead, Drive and achieve Sales targets.
Functions as the Sales strategic business leader and mentor. Responsible for achieving property revenue goals, booking pace goals, guest and employee satisfaction and the financial performance of the department. Leads on-property sales functions to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives. Oversees Market Sales Segments evaluates and supports the property's participation in the various revenue channels (e.g., Revenue Management, electronic channels, etc.) and develops strong working relationships. As the Hotel Sales leader, develops and implements sales plan which includes strategy. Strategies focus on delivering products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of guests and employees and provide a return on investment.
Culture Leadership (15%) - Inspire a culture of excellence:
• Attract, select and retain talent who are poised to deliver upper-upscale service that exceeds guest expectation.
• Enthusiastically support the brand's vision, and mission statement.
• Model and uphold our Three Promises: Do the Right Thing, Go the Extra Step, Play as a Team.
• Coach and develop staff members and managers to achieve their next-step career goals. Build a culture of engagement and excellence where staff members are empowered to respond to guests' needs.
• Identify strategic goals for the hotel and clearly communicate the critical role that each staff member has in achievement
Stakeholder Relationships (20%) - Apply strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain favorable long-term strategic relationships, including:
• Guests: Create lasting relationships and strong loyalty among guests and beyond the in-house experience. Provide bespoke service to our guests. Deliver captivating and fun experiences that exceed guest expectation. Enable guest experiences that reflect the subtle uniqueness of the guest and our Brand.
•Co-workers: Build a culture of engagement and excellence where staff members are empowered to respond to guests' needs. Develop team-members to create a strong talent pipeline.
•Customers: Initiate and maintain strong relationships with strategic hotel customers in a personalized manner.
•Executive Team: Build consensus and lead as necessary achieving annual goals of the organization. Conduct the weekly staff meeting.
• Marketplace: Lead the way in bringing to life the brand's core values and upper-upscale service basics.
•Local Community: Ensure visible community presence by establishing and maintaining rapport with key contacts (e.g., high profile businesses, community groups).
Financial Management (15%) - Manage short and medium-term financial health of the hotel:
• Analyze and identify financial opportunities including cost controls, productivity levels, and revenue generation
• Deliver strong financial results by driving the revenue, profitability and market share expected of this upper-upscale property
•Present solutions by keeping owner informed of financial performance and operational opportunities/challenges, building a case for brand initiatives, and promoting ideas for improving guest service/profitability.
• Measure the effectiveness of the combined sales plans and yield management efforts to optimize business mix and diversify revenue sources.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
The General Manager will possess an excellent sense of product and service quality and an understanding of today's expectations of an upper-upscale guest. As General Manager, exhibits distinguished Hotel sales, management and closing skills to deliver conference and meeting events as the Hotels primary profit center. He or she will be a steward of the Hotel Henry brand and is ultimately charged with delivering on the standards of the Hotel. The candidate understands the value of strong brands and how to play a role in promoting their growth. The candidate will be an effective communicator and relationship-builder, who inspire and engage staff. The ideal candidate continuously seeks to understand different viewpoints, and actively modifies his/her own behavior to adapt to changing environments. His or her strategic focus on driving the guest experience is achieved through clear objectives and holding staff accountable. Additionally, the candidate's financial acumen will maximize business profitability.
Key Competency Areas:
• Customer Focus - Understands what internal and external stakeholders value and anticipates their needs; strives towards loyalty and lasting relationships.
• Emotional Intelligence - Demonstrates self-awareness, recognizes and manages emotions, and builds positive working relationships.
• Collaboration - Shows respect; works with others to achieve common goals and objectives.
• Critical Thinking - Approaches problems using strategic approach and applies logic and good judgment; reaches decisions by weighing the facts and options.
• Effective Communication - Conveys information and ideas clearly; thoughtfully tailors the message to create a shared understanding; listens effectively.
Core- Sales Activities:
Driving Sales Strategy:
• Develops strategy to meet team booking goals.
• Partners with Revenue Management to maximize sales strategy.
• Ensures that sales strategies are communicated, implemented and updated as market conditions fluctuate.
• Evaluates market and economic trends.
• Partners with Revenue Management for annual pricing process, request for pricing (RFPs) and participates in the review of marketing business plan.
• Participates in marketing communication coordination and monitoring.
Managing Sales Activity:
• Evaluates and supports sales team participation and performance.
• Drives the property's proactive account sales, all segment sales, conference and social catering sales, business travel sales, transient reservation sales.
• Deploys sales team against appropriate market segments.
• Serves as authority on sales processes and sales contracts.
• Participates in sales calls with members of the sales teams to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Minimum Experience: Ten year's hotel operations leadership experience in roles of group sales leadership and relationships (at least four years), strategic decision making and financial / business acumen.
• Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree (preferred course of study in Business Administration, Hotel Administration, or related). In lieu of degree, significant additional experience will be expected.
• Foundational computational/technology abilities and awareness of IT and social media fundamentals.
• Excellent organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
STRONGLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATION
• Demonstrated experience in the meeting and conference hotel segment at the General Manager level.
• Proven Sales Director who effectively has managed multiple market segments to optimize profitability.
• Evidence of cross-cultural awareness / experience.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Hotel Henry is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Hotel Henry will not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
An innovative hotel and conference center with modern purpose, designed to fuse with the architectural legacy of the Richardson Olmsted Complex, a National Historic Landmark. Arriving April 2017.
The Conference Center features 20,000+ square feet of usable and supportive meeting spaces, all equipped with transformational event technology.
Meeting and event spaces provide for on-site groups of up to 500 attendees and countless more with a global, virtual audience giving organizers and attendees engaging options they've never had before. The flexible conference center allows for productivity and interactivity, as well as inspiration and novelty.
The urban resort extends as far as your reach, offering countless opportunities for conference groups to formally utilize the unique environs of the many cultural, educational, historic and architectural locales of the urban resort neighborhood, and for individual guests to enjoy on their own time, in their own way, as business and leisure combine.
Among the most anticipated additions to the Buffalo restaurant scene, 100 Acres, The Kitchens at Hotel Henry, is an original culinary experience, offering a variety of dining opportunities, atmospheres, and interactions.
Selective sourcing with an emphasis on regional products is a hallmark of 100 Acres' market fresh menus. Located in a sprawling hall-type setting on Hotel Henry's first floor, 100 Acres offers a variety of thoughtfully composed dining experiences. where guests will always find something new, something different, something unexpected.
Mon, 28 Aug 2017 14:37:20 PDT