Warehouse Supervisor - 12 AM - 8:30 AM
The supervisor's primary responsibility is to facilitate the receipt/sort/stage processes of office supply cartons and ensure their successful delivery on behalf of AEX's customers.
In addition to managing office supply carton inventory, the supervisor will coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors/contractors for the flawless execution of customer fulfillment projects, focusing on the processes of receiving, sorting and staging of office supply cartons. The supervisor interacts and communicates with numerous contractors in the sorting, staging and loading of contractors' vehicles to ensure timely and accurate delivery to AEX's customers while adhering to AEX's customer contractual service requirements.
The supervisor oversees the implementation of handheld technology and resolves any challenges and issues with that technology.
- Manage process staff in a warehouse environment to successfully receive, sort and stage office supply freight by 5:00 AM.
- Coordinate successfully with contractors to help ensure the timely arrival, sorting, staging, and loading of their vehicles for departure from the Maryland facility by 8:00 AM.
- Ensure successful utilization of hand held equipment in the loading of contractor vehicles via load scan methodology; subsequently obtaining electronic proof of delivery scans on 100% of cartons delivered.
- Maintain a safe, secure and productive facility.
- Ensure on time delivery for customers within scope and within budget.
- Develop plans as needed to monitor and track delivery progress.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Report and escalate issues to higher management as needed, and including effectively recommending solutions to difficult problems.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Review work quality on a regular basis and develop alternatives to help improve the project process.
Bachelor Degree preferred and relevant experience within a logistics/warehouse environment; or 2 to 3 years of relevant experience with a high school diploma or GED. Experience managing a warehouse function and successfully establishing relationships with staff, third parties/vendors/all stakeholders. Transportation experience interacting with independent contractor drivers preferred. Fork lift certified preferred.
Geographical sense of the Maryland and Washington DC areas; excellence in: leadership skills; computer literacy; verbal and written communication skills; time management skills; organizational skills, including attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills; decision-making skills; and solid ability to provide support and direction to all project staff to accomplish the process of successful delivery to AEX Group customers.
AEXGroup is a logistics company that provides time-critical courier services throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. We work with companies that need to make daily deliveries to locations like retail stores, hospitals, and banks, and we ensure that these deliveries are made on-time and as efficiently as possible.
In our business, having the right personnel is essential to our success. Equally important is the environment we develop for our employees, and the standards we put in place to create a culture that is safe, healthy, and helpful to our people.
Mon, 28 Aug 2017 09:37:36 PDT