The position is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with the company quality standards.
The construction project manager responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management such as Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management
• Charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants.
• Bringing about optimum utilization of resources- labor, materials and equipment, and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
• Implementation of various operations through proper coordination.
• Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants
• Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
• Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
• Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
• Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking if team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
• Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
• Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
• Communicate effectively with the subcontractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
• Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
• Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
• Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
• Periodic inspection of construction sites.
• Ensure project documents are complete.
• Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
• Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client
• Excellent communication skills.
• Detail oriented
• Ability to plan and organize a team effort
• Good client management and goodwill building ability.
• Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
• Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
• Capacity to work and progress under pressure.
• Strong focus on quality.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Prefer a four-year Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field. A postgraduate degree in construction management is an added advantage.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in construction projects.
• Hotel Renovation experience is a must.
• Willingness to travel extensively across the construction sites.
Please click on the URL below to start application process.
InterServ, LP was established in 1986, when the founding partner had a vision that quickly grew into a leading brand within the contracting industry. Today, the company is a recognized organization comprised of leaders that are well-versed in all facets of the business and treasure the personal connections and relationships that are established with every project.
First, second and third impressions matter. This means that hotel guests are paying attention to craftsmanship and detail now more than ever, and InterServ, LP has been in the business of breathing life and beauty back into hotel lobbies, guest rooms and dining spaces for more than 30 years. We are dedicated to "beating budgets and beating deadlines," which allows us to consistently exceed the expectations of clients nationwide. We have a strong reputation for integrity, teamwork and dedication to clients, which has allowed us the pleasure of working with nearly every major hospitality brand with assets that range from economy properties to Five Star and Five Diamond rated hotels and resorts - this includes some of the most highly designed projects to date.
At the very least InterServ, LP is the nation's foremost general contracting firm, specializing in hotel and resort renovations. But, we are also much more than that - we are the behind the scenes magicians that provide knowledge, expertise, consulting and management to ensure a project runs smoothly from beginning to end and delivers results that exceed expectations - all within budget and schedule!
Our team is made up of highly-experienced personnel and exclusive subcontractors all over the United States that have proven track records of performance, discipline and attention to detail. InterServ, LP is a brand that is recognized for experience, quality workmanship and fast-track projects.
Los Angeles, CA
Mon, 28 Aug 2017 17:12:41 PDT