Aquatic Coordinator and Operations Assistant
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for planning, promoting and implementing a community instructional swim program, water exercise classes and at least one lifesaving class per year.
- Train and supervise aquatic staff, and keep appropriate records to ensure all aquatics staff are trained, qualified, and certified in their respective areas. This includes frequent in-service training.
- Assist with the supervision of daily operations, including scheduling of FRC aquatics work shifts and their daily responsibilities.
- Assist in emergency situations, which may involve providing care or supervising the implementation of emergency procedures.
- Supervise or assist with the setup and teardown of equipment for programs, special events, and other miscellaneous activities.
- Supervise or assist with preventative maintenance and regular cleaning of exercise equipment, aquatic equipment and FRC facilities.
- Serve as point person for resolving problems and/or customer service issues, while maintaining a positive customer experience.
- Provide guidance, leadership and supervision to FRC staff, programs, and facilities.
- Work a variable work schedule including evening and weekend work.
- Specific certification, training, apprenticeship or experience in addition to high school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of fitness and recreation related facility operations including: staff responsibilities, operations, scheduling, programs, and policies.
- Must have Red Cross (or equivalent) Lifeguard, First Aid, AED, and CPR Certifications.
- Lifeguard instructor certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a supervisory role in an aquatics program in a similar facility.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to see and hear cries of help.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED:
- Bachelors degree in related field.