Traveling Project Manager - Automotive Mechanic experience required
To be based out of our Troy, MI office, we are seeking a
Traveling Automotive Project Manager
The role of a Project Manager includes the support and development of suppliers and the coordination of engineers and technicians who work on location with our customer. They routinely coordinate and organize different projects in the automotive industry in the quality management department. They are the first contact if there are any problems and the interface between our company and internal and external customers. The Project Manager must have a profound technical knowledge in the field of quality which gives them the opportunity to find effective solutions for all kinds of problems.
- Travel: up to 75%
- Salary: $60-65k
- Experience as Automotive Technician.
- 2+ years experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience as a Manager supervising at least 10-15 employees.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Hands-on project experience in automotive service industry fields of quality, rework, and retrofit.
- Experience with project calculation, project controlling, project planning and implementation of action plans
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is a plus.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Responsible for the coordination, organization, and implementation of quality improvement projects in support of the automotive OEM client.
- Responsible for project team setup of containments of automotive parts, ensuring that only approved components will be sent to the OEM.
- Lead project meetings with colleagues and customers.
- Responsible for leadership and direction of team to include scheduling, discipline, safety, training, etc.
We are offering the integration into a highly motivated team and activities, which are sophisticated as well as diversified, while ensuring individual development opportunities.
If you feel you have the skills we are looking for and wish to apply for the position, please apply to the posting with an updated resume.
*Recruiters and Headhunters should not reply to this posting.
Formel D is the global service provider of the automotive industry. We develop market-leading concepts as well as individual, scalable solutions along the entire automotive value chain - from development to production to aftersales.
The company was founded in 1993 at its headquarters in Troisdorf near Cologne. Today we employ over 6000 people from 45 nations in more than 80 locations in 19 countries. Passion drives us, professionalism makes us stand out and team spirit makes us successful. We work at the core of the industry that moves us every day.
Mon, 28 Aug 2017 13:22:40 PDT