A Digital Electrical Design Engineer is required to design and develop the digital cores of the next generation of 3-D depth mapping systems. Product designs involve the combination of optoelectronics, analog & digital design for interfacing to high speed FPGAs and ASICs transmitting data to GPU's and PC's. This person will work with a diverse cross-functional project teams to create subsystem elements for the next generation of 3-D depth mapping.
The ideal candidate will be able to develop, simulate, synthesize, verify, and document Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) designs in VHDL. In addition, the candidate will have extensive experience utilizing microcontrollers and multicore processors using C# and other operating languages.
Key tasks include requirements development, simulation, high speed digital design, FPGA code development, test bench development, verification, synthesis, timing analysis, unit testing and support of debug and system integration activities.
The ideal candidate will be able to do the above AND the creation of analog or digital schematics, circuits and key component selection to support board layout and debug. Additional tasks and responsibilities can include task estimation, design trade studies, interface definitions, architecture definition.
High Speed Digital Design
• Initiate and troubleshoot the system level performance, including component selection, schematic capture, and simulation of board design High speed digital design (>1Gbps)
• Programmable logic design experience with VHDL, Verilog, Xilinx and Altera FPGAs
• Interfacing FPGA and boards to standard peripherals and microcontrollers via LVDS, I2C, SPI, SerDes, USB, Ethernet and other sensor interface specifications
• Embedded programming experience for FPGAs, microcontrollers and multicore processors
• Embedded C and Matlab and software debugging tools and environments
• Signal and Data Processing Systems - High performance computing and data processing architectures for image processing and Receiver/Exciter designs
• Digital Hardware - Subsystem/Module Digital Circuits, custom circuit board design, programmable logic device and field programmable gate array designs for custom and commercial off-the-shelf systems
• Digital Systems - System Trades, Architecture/Partitioning, Embedded Processing and Real-Time System Control
• Hands-on experience testing and debugging high speed systems with complex analog amplification, microcontrollers and/or digital signal processing systems
• Experience with moving from FPGA to custom ASIC design and fabrication a plus
• Qualified candidates must have a B.S. or M.S. degree in electrical engineering and ~5+years of work experience with electronics.
• Background in lasers and photonics and/or laser radar is helpful.
• Effective communication skills are a prerequisite.
A comprehensive benefits package to be offered Q1 of 2017.
If you are the best at what you do and like having fun doing it, you just found your new home. We are a diverse team of passionate and driven individuals, making us a powerhouse of innovation, design, and manufacturing.
Luminar Technologies, Inc. is pioneering the autonomous vehicle industry by developing the world's most advanced sensor systems. It is our goal to network with and hire the best and the brightest talent to be on the cutting edge of technological advancement.
If you are ready to be a part of something better apply to one of our exciting careers today.
Sun, 20 Aug 2017 15:23:13 PDT