Liberty Partnership Program – Mentor/Tutor
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill three mentor-tutor Liberty Partnership Program positions. This position will report to the Liberty Partnership Program Director. This is a part-time position. Mentor/Tutors will receive $15-20 per hour depending on experience, and may work 10-18 hours per week, up to $10,000 annually.
Job Duties: The Mentor will assist the Director and Assistant Director in implementing the Liberty Partnerships Program, an after-school and summer program designed to promote college readiness and career development among high school students.
- Assist in directing and coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Liberty Partnerships Program in and out-of- school time for high school students enrolled in programming at the Liberty Partnership Program.
- Interact with students in order to assess their academic needs, develop learning plans and assist with design curriculums.
- Tutor LPP students based on assessed areas of need, assist with homework.
- Facilitate group discussions on topics related to college readiness and youth development.
- Counseling and mentoring students regarding academic and personal issues at the individual and group level.
- Keep informed of current trends in education.
- Assist with scheduling and volunteer recruitment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director.
- College background required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Applicants must be proficient in MS Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Spanish proficiency a plus.
Special Information: Programming occurs at local middle and high schools primarily during after-school hours, and on the SCCC campus. Evenings or weekends may occasionally be required.
This appointment is contingent upon receipt of the final approval of the grant contract by the NY State Education Department.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration we strongly encourage candidates to submit all required materials prior to the review start date of September 18, 2017.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to the Office of Human Resources and please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply for Liberty Partnership Program – Mentor/Tutor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly