Executive Director of Regional Operations
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 46-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 75,000 proud and successful alumni and partners while serving appropriately 17,500 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College, Office of Enrollment Management and Marketing (OEM), seeks a full-time Executive Director of Regional Operations. The position will have responsibilities across the College's New York statewide footprint, in over 30 locations. The Office of Enrollment Management and Marketing is a dynamic, highly collaborative, student focused division dedicated to providing timely, high touch support through the student lifecycle. This position reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
- Oversee the regional operations budget for the college locations distributed throughout the state
- Plan, direct, and control resources to meet operating goals, college objectives, and student needs in a multi-location operation
- Provide guidance and support in developing action plans to address areas requiring improvement
- Ensure compliance with outside agencies as it pertains to fire codes, FERPA, record keeping and workplace safety
- Responsible for hiring, training, and succession planning of operational staff at each location
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of local relationships with Chamber of Commerce and other local agencies
- Maintain consistent branding across all ESC locations
- Participate in creating the vision and strategy for overall enrollment and organizational development within the division and the college
- Facilitate partnership development strategy for enrollment management teams
- Supervise the support local based recruitment, academic and community events
- Develop and be accountable for a safe work environment in all ESC locations
- Master's Degree required
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in higher education administration
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on faculty, staff and student services
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a dispersed staff and faculty, and be able to respond effectively to changing demands
- An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited U.S. university or comparable non-U.S. university
- This is a Management/Confidential position
- Travel to regions with other Empire State College locations is required, along with occasional evening and weekend obligations
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
Rank/Salary: Commensurate with experience
Applications Due by: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security