Job Number: 76127
Office of Undergraduate Admission Admission Counselor Job Purpose The Office of Undergraduate Admission (UGA) seeks an Admission Counselor who, under the supervision of an Assistant Dean, will administer, implement university and/or interpret department admission policies and procedures.
- Read, evaluate and make first level recommendations on undergraduate applications.
- Respond to inquiries and provide accurate and timely information regarding application policies, procedures in accordance with Stanford University's established messaging.
- Conduct informational sessions for internal and external communications (e.g., prospective applicants, their parents and high school guidance counselors).
- Manage assigned geographic territory(ies).
- Cultivate relationships with secondary or university personnel, professional organizations, students, parents and alumni.
- Coordinate onsite logistics for admission events.
- May assist in the administration of a specific project and/or program.
- May assist in mentoring other staff.
Bachelor's degree or combination of education and relevant experience.Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Good reading comprehension skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to learn admission processes and programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work and use light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely stand, walk, use a telephone and write by hand.
- May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business needs. Occasional local and overnight travel required.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Location: Undergraduate Admissions: Financial Aid Office: Visitor Information Services
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.