CGI Federal has been delivering mission-essential results to the DoD since 1976. CGI is seeking a JAVA Developer to provide development, testing and documentation support for a variety of automated applications. Writes moderately complex PC-based computer programs in Java and a variety of 4GL development tools. Mentors junior team members. Your future duties and responsibilities
Diagnoses system problems and defects.
• Develops code design specifications (Critical Design Review) and algorithms to solve difficult problems.
• Exercises good coding standards (comments, code optimization)
• Develop and conduct presentations to client on technical issues.
• Develop code in the language appropriate to the project assigned.
• Develops and conducts unit test plans.
• Assists with the development of system test plans. Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Java, Shell Scripts, Oracle 10g or higher Database, J2EE, XML/XSD/WSDL/UDDI
• Strong problem solving and resolution skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Will be working on US Marine Corps installation. Must be able to pass background checks and meet any additional government worksite requirements
• Have Security+ Certification or obtain in the first 6 months of employment
• Hibernate, Spring, Eclipse, Jdeveloper 11g, Web Logic, Oracle Portal, multi-threading, SOA, SSO, JBOSS
• Source control systems (CVS, Subversion, Harvest)
Prior knowledge and experience with the Marine Corps Logistic Systems and configuration processes Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
At CGI, we are a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Sat, 19 Aug 2017 14:09:31 PDT