Assists with the management and development of SharePoint applications and content, such as the RCGC Website, Portal and Employee Intranet. Also assists with the management and development of applications and content for other diverse web-based and mobile applications. Must work with various college departments to take their vision and create content based on that vision.
Examples of Duties:
- Creates, manages and maintains content on a daily basis for the RCGC Website, Portal, Employee Intranet and other web and mobile applications.
- Must work well with various college departments to take their vision and create content based on that vision while adhering to standards set forth by the Office of Technology.
- Completes daily updates to the RCGC Portal including campus and targeted announcements.
- Assists with creating and maintaining web programing customizations for the RCGC Website, Portal, Employee Intranet and other web and mobile applications.
- Creates and edits photos with Photoshop for the RCGC Website, Portal, Employee Intranet and other web and mobile applications.
- Provides employee training and support to meet departmental needs for the RCGC Website, Portal, Employee Intranet and other web and mobile applications.
- Assists with managing master pages and page layouts for SharePoint sites and site collections, such as the RCGC Website and Employee Intranet.
- Creates and manages workflows, life cycle management, version history and other site settings on a case-by-case basis within SharePoint for sites and site collections.
- Integrates social media sources with the RCGC Website, Portal, Employee Intranet and other web and mobile applications.
- Develop, maintain and integrate APIs with web applications such as SharePoint.
- Integrates and manages mobile technologies using third party systems.
- Assists with managing and integrating web-based third party applications, such as a SAS-based ticketing systems, BI interface systems, and SAS-based mass communication systems.
- Document and track work within systems and review documentation created by others.
- Resolve problems and answer routine questions without direct supervision.
- Generally defines own priorities of service.
- Keeps management informed of opportunities, problems and issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned which are not limited by the description contained herein.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience creating web content and web programming
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- May require extensive after-hours and weekend/holiday support and being on call during non-scheduled work hours
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum two (2) years of experience of working with SharePoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010/2013
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013 workflow management
- Knowledge of Microsoft InfoPath and/or SharePoint forms
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Knowledge of Social Media widgets and website integration
- Knowledge of ASPX, JSP and/or ColdFusion
- Knowledge of Dreamweaver and/or Photoshop
- Knowledge of Ellucian Portal and/or Mobile products
- Knowledge of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Knowledge of TeamDynamix, Blackboard Pyramid and Blackboard Connect
- Ability to work with SQL reporting tools
- Ability to utilize Adaptive Design and/or Responsive Design concepts
- Ability to work with RSS
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with many individuals or manage many individuals in a diverse higher education environment
- Experience in higher education
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.