For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general direction, communicate with students and applicants, determine eligibility for admission; verify qualifications for enrollment, maintain records, create and execute reports, and supply data that supports student application and registration. Serve as a primary contact between identified departments for special projects and department initiatives, including College Relations, Information Technology, and Academic Affairs for dual credit courses. Provide excellent customer service.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Import data, verify accuracy, and determine admission eligibility. Assess applications, records, and related materials, such as high school and college transcripts and college entrance exam reports for English and Math course placement, science pre-requisites and residency. Contact new students via phone, e-mail or written correspondence to complete or update pending admission applications or to resolve circumstances that prevent or delay registration. Research student history to avoid duplicate student records. Report duplicate student records to Information Technology.
- Modify and/or override admission and registration procedures to support students through enrollment processes exercising judgment in the application of federal, state, and College policies and practices related to enrollment services functions.
- Verify and process the admission and registration of concurrent high school students, dual credit students, and any special cohort programs. Determine eligibility for admission and registration using individual and batch processes. Coordinate processes with Academic Affairs to support dual credit enrollment.
- Develop, maintain, and evaluate web content and social media for Enrollment Services. Coordinate photo shoots with College Relations.
- Develop, organize, and maintain student service publicity information for on-campus electronic messaging and video displays. Collaborate with Enrollment
- Center staff members to identify, recommend, and encourage current and relevant content.
- Coordinate an Enrollment Management communications activity calendar to ensure appropriate and timely communication with the Office of Student Recruitment and Outreach for prospective and new students and other student service offices for continuing students. Determine audience frequency of communication, and staff members responsible to send communication.
- Create and maintain printed Enrollment Services policies and procedures manual, training materials, and handouts and materials for students.
- Initiate and maintain the student information system and communication systems, related to admission and registration, including testing of new or modified system services, table updates, and communication updates, including form letters and batch processes. Ensure compliance with federal, state, and institutional policies and processes.
- Create queries and provide data regarding prospective students, admitted students, enrolled students including placement testing and orientation for targeted student markets that support Enrollment Management goals. As needed, work with the Information Technology Department to develop tracking mechanisms and reports.
- As directed, provide student service in the Enrollment Center. Provide comprehensive general information about enrollment services and student support services. Adhere to guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. If necessary, route inquiries to appropriate person.
- Display initiative and be proactive in helping students through the enrollment process. Provide assistance to students by arranging appointments to meet with advisors or specialists from Academic Advising, Career Services and other College departments as necessary.
- As directed, process Chargeback requests, Joint agreements, and Business Service contracts.
- Manage information related to student records such as returned correspondence. Add and remove holds as appropriate according to established College policy. Assist in maintaining student records including filing and scanning.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or required or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and abilities can be obtained is required. Bachelor's preferred.
- Two years of related work experience is required.
- The ability to create and maintain databases, write queries, merge data from two or more databases, and create and maintain administrative technical functions is required. Experience with higher education systems is preferred.
- Effective communication skills, oral and written.
- Requires the ability to mentally attend and visually concentrate on a significant amount of detailed work. Must have strong organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deliver services in an environment where an emphasis on customer service is required.
- Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with people of different levels of education, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences, and to exhibit an adequate level of respect to fellow employees and the College community at large.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:15 am - 6:00 pm Additional hours, evening and Saturday, during peak registration periods, as needed. Campus location subject to change during peak registration periods or as staffing needs may change.
Salary: $40,592 annually
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.