Senior Project Management Specialist
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4695 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
Develop and monitor divisional project management methodologies, focusing on Agile project management; work with managers across the division to enhance and mature IT Services' project management practices. Maintain relationships with clients, managers and project staff and lead them in developing their knowledge and skills in project management. Manage projects, as appropriate.
- Facilitate the execution of IT Services’ projects by serving as Scrum Master or Project Manager as appropriate.
- Provide divisional leadership and direction for project management practices, in particular Scrum and other Agile methodologies.
- Provide project management support, training, coaching and mentoring for managers and project team members.
- Establish, document and deploy project management methodology for IT Services. Seek constant, appropriate improvement in methodology. Proactively communicate current expectations to the division.
- Monitor, manage and report on project activities such as schedule, budget and issues.
- Participate in divisional committees, as assigned.
- Actively promote a customer-oriented approach throughout IT Services.
- Participate in cross-functional projects.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- May occasionally teach one credit bearing course, per semester, on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree required by date of hire.
- 5-7 years project management experience required
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.