Research and Planning Assistant
For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Under general supervision, provide administrative and program support services to the Office of Research, Curriculum and Planning and to the Executive Director of Research and Planning. Position will assist the Executive Director in implementation and organization of various processes that impact research, strategic planning, accreditation, program review, and special projects. The Research and Planning Assistant will have primary responsibility for various clerical functions affecting the office, including purchase requisitions, travel authorizations and reimbursements, document processing, and records management. Position will also review data analyses, provide summary reports and ensure effective communication of data through the College.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange meetings for internal as well as external participants, reserving meeting rooms, preparing agenda, assembling and summarizing information required for coverage of agenda items, preparing and distributing minutes to appropriate individuals.
- Maintain assigned administrators appointment calendars and adjust schedules as needed using discretion and judgment in rescheduling such appointments.
- Prepare correspondence in support of the research and planning responsibilities of the department.
- Manage distribution/collection of multiple student and employee surveys.
- Prepare brief data summaries for reports and memoranda.
- Review and edit all reports, forms, and other materials created within the department for accuracy.
- Maintain designated website(s). Work with personnel within and outside of the department to establish web presence that is current, accurate and consistent with the College's web image.
- Provide administrative support to key college committees, such as the Higher Learning Commission Steering Committee and Strategic Planning, Accountability, and Resources Committee.
- Provide project management to advance research, student success, program review, strategic planning and other departmental responsibilities.
- Anticipate, coordinate and process routine business and office transactions (i.e., reimbursement requests, requisitions, monitor and order office supplies, etc.)
- Perform other job related duties as directed.
- High school education or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- Two years general administrative and office support experience is required.
- Advanced word processing (Microsoft Word), intermediate spreadsheet application (Microsoft Excel), and beginning presentation application (Microsoft PowerPoint preferred) skills are required.Beginning database application skill (Microsoft Access) are required.
General office environment. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.