Peerless-AV, a leading designer and manufacturer of audiovisual products based in Aurora, Illinois is seeking a talented and driven Industrial Engineer to join our engineering team. Peerless-AV manufactures over 3,600 products that include award-winning audiovisual mounting solutions, indoor/outdoor kiosks, and the industry's first fully sealed outdoor displays. We serve original equipment manufacturers, commercial integrators and consumer retailers in 22 vertical markets. With new and emerging technologies such as OLED, direct-view LED, and booming outdoor markets driving new product needs, we are looking to add a talented individual to our engineering team to continue our pedigree of innovation.
Scope of duties and responsibilities:
- Manages new and revised product changes from design release to validation.
- Cost estimating manufacturing operations using standard times and methods, and cost justifying any tooling/capital expenditures.
- Maintaining MRP (IFS) part costing, including lot sizing, part routings, BOM, purchase costs, including shop floor support.
- Develops MFG work instructions, including assembly/pack line process and layouts.
- Evaluates current manufacturing methods and supports continuous improvement programs by investigating/suggesting cost improvement ideas.
- Maintains current organization of process and documentations, updating and improving as necessary.
- Responsible for the packaging of products and works with packaging vendors, if necessary.
- Perform any other job duties as may be required.
Successful candidate qualifications:
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of broad-based manufacturing experience
- Familiarity with metal manufacturing processes such as laser, punch press, press break, welding, tube forming, powder coating, assembly
- Familiar with manufacturing methods, set up, lot sizing, standard times, and time studies.
- Ability to read blueprints to interpret design intent, tolerances, etc.
- Effective project and time management skills
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Detail oriented
- Computer proficiency
Peerless-AV, a Peerless Industries, Inc. company, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of audiovisual solutions. From its award-winning mounts and wireless audio systems to indoor/outdoor kiosks and the industry's first fully sealed outdoor displays, Peerless-AV aims to Get it Right by fulfilling both integrators needs for ease of installation and service, and end-users dreams in residential and commercial applications. Based in Aurora, IL, Peerless-AV manufactures over 3,600 products that serve original equipment manufacturers, commercial integrators and consumer retailers in 22 vertical markets through direct sales representatives and authorized distribution. For more information, visit www.peerless-av.com.
Mon, 28 Aug 2017 09:13:07 PDT