UndocuSpartan Program Coordinator
Job Title: UndocuSpartan Program Coordinator
Job ID: 24224
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 3084, Range 1
Department: Transition and Retention Services
About the Position
Under the general supervision of the Associate Vice President of Transition and Retention Services in the Division of Student Affairs, the Coordinator of the UndocuSpartan Resource Center provides leadership, strategic planning, and works, collaboratively with the center’s staff to create a safe space aimed at supporting the educational access, success, retention, and graduation of undocumented students, while leading campus wide educational programs and services specific to the experience of undocumented students and community issues. In coordination with campus partners, the coordinator provides academic and personal guidance to undocumented students and manages individual student cases.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and organize effective retention programs and strategies for undocumented students who come from historically low-income backgrounds.
- Develop and implement programs and workshops that build upon the strengths of undocumented students with learning outcomes related to academic and student success.
- Collaborate with appropriate campus units to develop and implement study skills, career development, academic success and student leadership seminars and workshops.
- Coordinate special projects and initiatives related to educational equity, retention, and graduation of undocumented students.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of specialized programs to assist undocumented students with identifying and overcoming barriers to obtain their academic goals.
- Develop, facilitate, and monitor student action plans to increase academic and social success.
- Prioritize student cases to ensure timely intervention is applied before a student discontinues their studies at SJSU.
- Engage with colleagues in departments such as faculty, academic staff, the Colleges, Financial Aid, Housing, Student Business Services and others to advocate on behalf of students and to seek resolutions to a myriad of issues impacting the retention and graduation pathway of students.
- Refer students to academic and student support services. Follow up and track utilization to ensure interventions are being applied.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24224.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.