Director of Content Marketing
• Develop content marketing strategies with both short and long-term goals to increase engagement.
• Work collaboratively with Marketing & Communications team and University stakeholders to produce high-quality and engaging written and visual content for use in digital and printed marketing materials
• Write clear, concise and creative copy, with the ability to create the stories and content stakeholders and audiences are looking for that is consistent with our brand voice.
• Create, curate and manage published content (images, video & written)
• Ensures messaging is consistent across all marketing and communication materials and is in line with brand guidelines
• Develop and oversee editorial calendar for Husson's social media and website.
• Develop content and strategies for Husson's social media channels with the goal to increase engagement and awareness for undergraduate and graduate recruitment, as well as advancing the mission/vision of Husson University for the purpose of positioning the institution for fundraising development.
• Work collaboratively with departments on their specific website areas to not only produce content but advise on opportunities to increase engagement with key audiences
• Track, assist in management, advise and at times provide content for stakeholder social media accounts
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Digital Communications and others to manage Husson Universities social media channels including email/newsletter distribution
• Edit, proofread and improve content
• Optimize content for SEO
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Digital Communications to analyze web and social media traffic metrics
• Use analytical, data driven approach to evaluate and review efficacy of content
• Stay informed about industry competitors and current best-practices
• Other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism or relevant field/ experience.
Experience: Three to Five years of experience working in a college setting preferred. Experience working in the marketing/communications field a must.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be proficient with the full range of Microsoft Office products. Experience creating content for web and social media audiences. Ability to understand and adapt writing style for specific audiences. Expertise in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc. Experience with content management software and systems and understanding of web publishing requirements. Experience with SEO and traffic metrics. Project management skills and attention to detail. Strong leadership and ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders. Ideal candidate would have skills in video production/editing to assist in increasing video offerings on our website and in social media.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
• Effectively communicate with co workers
• Read and interpret
• Exhibit emotional control and stability
• Mastery of appropriate computer operation skills
• Ability to lift and move materials weighing up to twenty pounds
• Sit or stand for extended periods to time
• Bend, kneel, and reach
• Utilize telephone, email and other university communications systems
• Possess mathematical skills
• Operate a copier, printer, television, and projector