Coordinator of Player Personnel
Job Title: Coordinator of Player Personnel
Job ID: 24226
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3082 Student Services Professional II
About the Position
The Coordinator of Player Personnel provides diverse professional services for the Head Football Coach, Assistant Coaches and the Director of Operations. The incumbent is responsible for assisting in all phases of a Division I intercollegiate football program, which includes, but is not limited to, recruiting, academics and operations. The incumbent must be committed to the academic goals of the university and ensure adherence to the Mountain West Conference (MWC) and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations in the performance of all professional support functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and organize the recruitment and evaluation of incoming student-athletes to ensure their potential for academic and athletic success.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Compliance and Athletic Eligibility Coordinator on prospect (freshman and transfer) transcript evaluations to ensure NCAA eligibility and SJSU requirements are satisfied.
- Create recruitment templates, recruitment calendar and social media recruitment calendar.
- Create professional development for assistant coaches with recruiting techniques.
- Organize special events, summer camps, all on campus tours for the entire year (roughly 2,000 visitors a year), coaches recruiting areas and recruiting board for visual discussions and all of the day-to-day recruiting activities.
- Monitor academic status of all football student-athletes to ensure their eligibility for athletics participation through class checks, progress reports, etc.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24226.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.