Technical Support Specialist
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Technical Support Specialist provides technical hardware and software support for the Universities computers, printers, classroom technology and related devices. This position will demonstrate customer service skills when responding to students, faculty and staff technical problems received via a ticketing system, phone, and email and in person. This position is based at the Aurora, IL campus and oversees services at all university locations. Schedule of Monday through Thursday from 1:00 PM - 10:00 PM and Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs troubleshooting of AU desktops, laptops and peripherals on Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems and applications, providing remote and desk side technical support.
- Create and maintain technical support documentation.
- Interacts with vendors to facilitate repairs of hardware, i.e. printers, laptops and desktops.
- Develops and deploys end-user device images by designing, testing, and documenting the image to be deployed.
- Implements hardware and software patches in accordance with security policies and deployment procedures.
- Works proactively with AU personnel to on-board new employees and prepare hardware and software for those employees, and assists in the training and orientation of new staff in use of hardware and software.
- Be a role model to student workers, including the areas of accountability, performance, attendance practices, and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Ability to work day, evening or weekend shifts as appropriate based on staffing needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Network+, A+ or MCP preferred
- At least 1 year of full-time work experience in information technology and/or related function
- Minimum one year experience in desktop support role
- Imaging of operating systems using software such as Clonezilla, Fog, WDS, and MDT
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of client / server and cloud based technologies
- General TCP/IP troubleshooting
- Experience with working in an environment with print management solutions
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Experience supporting projectors and smartboards in a classroom environment
- Solid understanding of Microsoft and Apple operating systems
- Sound judgment and prioritization skills
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Quick learner with great prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and be dependable
- Ability to accept divergent views while maintaining a constructive working relationship with other team members
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Monday through Thursday from 1:00 PM - 10:00 PM and Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Absolute trustworthiness with high standards of personal integrity (demonstrated by an unblemished career history, complete lack of criminal convictions, etc.), and willingness to undergo vetting and/or personality assessments to verify this.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl while installing hardware
- Ability to move about campus and travel to alternate sites as needs demand
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.