IT Support Specialist
Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Support Services, the IT Support Specialist will support critical workflows within the Technology Center. This position will be the first point of contact for end users either in person, on the phone, or via email.
- Support critical work flows and processes of the Technology Center.
- Be the first point of contact for visitors to the Technology Center.
- Enter SalesForce tickets for support requests.
- Answer Technology Center hotline; provide support for any information needed related to technology questions, issues and/or problems.
- Assist Help Desk with phone calls; troubleshoot and resolve when appropriate.
- Assist in person users when able to, or escalate user issues to the appropriate groups for resolution.
- Schedule service and event requests, and ensure end user satisfaction.
- Maintain laptop loaner inventory.
- Create, manage, and delete all new user accounts for all servers and applications; this includes but is not limited to O365, Gmail, Linux, Unix, Windows Server 2012, Blackboard, Banner and any other relevant systems.
- Manage all user access change requests.
- Perform quarterly user account audits, to ensure appropriate access is in place.
Documentation & Reporting:
- Ensure technology website and portal documentation is accurate, relevant, and up to date.
- Create documentation related to use of the technology environment for users.
- Develop and disseminate communications to educate users on Curry’s E-Mail and Network policies and best practices.
- Summarize SalesForce tickets for Help Desk Manager, and identify and report trends.
- Participate in annual IT audit, gathering requirements, tracking requirement status, performing quarterly audit checks to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate and process all technology RFP’s and quotes, purchase orders and invoices.
- Order departmental technology supplies.
- Manage all support and maintenance contract renewals.
- Manage PC inventory, quoting, purchasing, receiving, and replacement scheduling.
- Support student worker hiring process, scheduling interviews and completing paperwork.
- Plan student worker schedule for adequate coverage during academic year.
- Schedule student workers for event coverage.
- Associates Degree required. (Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree preferred).
- Two to three years’ of experience in a Customer Support or Technical Support role.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong time management and organizational skills; strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to follow-up, follow-through, multi-task, set priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Skilled at writing technical how-to documents for a non-technical audience.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the college, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.