Clinical Placement Coordinator (Part-time)
The Clinical Placement Coordinator will assist the Clinical Placement Administrator with all clinical placements and required documentation; collaborates with faculty to review and assess needs for all clinical placements and site contracts. This position is a year round, part-time position at 24 hours per week.
Coordination of Clinical Placements and Sites:
- Plans, secures and coordinates undergraduate, as well as peri-operative certificate program, clinical sites and placements in accordance with agency and college requirements.
- Participates in Centralized Clinical Placement System (CCP) for securing clinical sites for undergraduate, peri-operative certificate, accelerated, and Master (MSN) students for summer, fall and spring semesters, provides information to CCP for the School’s need for instructor searches.
- Prepares the hospital-required documentation with student information and other required forms prior to students starting clinicals.
- Informs students of their clinicals and monitor and collect hospital required orientation.
- Informs instructors of orientation for hospitals and of students in clinical rotations.
- Informs peri-operative certificate program students of necessary documentation prior to clinical placement.
- Informs peri-operative certificate program coordinator when students have completed all pre-clinical requirements.
- Maintains appropriate and accurate student and regarding clinical site and requirements for: Administrator for Criminal Background Checks, CPR, Immunizations collecting and tracking, and Drug Screenings.
- Works with faculty in each clinical course to identify future needs so requests can be executed in a timely manner.
- Maintains open communication with faculty and chair about contracts, student issues, etc.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with key contacts at each agency, represents the Division of Nursing at appropriate agency meetings. Attends agency meetings as necessary.
- Working with the Course Coordinator, manages preceptored clinicals for the undergraduate program courses, securing sites, securing preceptors, developing relationships with new sites, distributing the information packet for preceptors.
- Posts clinical information to the School of Nursing web page, portal and Blackboard.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the School of Nursing Chair or Dean.
- An Associate’s degree is required.
- A minimum of three years’ office administration experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a variety of individuals. Must be able to work collaboratively with faculty and students.
- Demonstrable computing skills and efficiency utilizing complex computing applications on the systems and programs of College’s choice; currently by way of example, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to follow-up, follow-through, set priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license required. If an RN, has an unrestricted Mass license.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of the greater Boston health care community preferred (familiar with the area’s nursing facilities and contacts in the field).
- Past experience working in an academic environment or with nursing students a plus.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.