Administrative Assistant, Nursing
Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Under the direction of the Dean of the School of Nursing, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the coordination of overall office support functions of the School of Nursing. The Administrative Assistant supports and assists full-time and part-time faculty in this area in a variety of functions including administrative duties, contracts, surveys, evaluations, and customer service.
Reception / Front Desk Functions:
- Serve as a liaison to Students / Faculty requiring assistance in the School of Nursing (Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: assisting with the course registration and add/drop process, accepting student assignments and or exams as well as clinical requirement documents from students for faculty members).
- Triages/responds to questions and requests for information via email, phone, mail, and fax.
- Sort and process incoming correspondence.
- Hire and provide supervision of student workers in the School of Nursing.
- Maintain office files and systems and various office equipment.
- Order and inventory office and event supplies.
Administrative Support Functions:
General Faculty Support
- Secure office space, and access for new hires (ordering keys and security codes).
- Orients new faculty to information systems (Telephone/Voicemail; IT systems).
- Assists faculty with college IT systems and software (portal, common drives, CWIS/Banner, Blackboard, MS Office applications).
- Assist with requests for software from the Technology Center.
- Assist with typing course materials as needed (i.e., tests and syllabi, etc).
- Assist with loading course materials on the College learning management system.
- Maintain the Scantron machine.
- Processes faculty and course evaluations.
Unit media and communications
- Works with all areas of the college community (students, staff, and faculty) and external constituencies (alumni, parents, clinical affiliations and vendors) to provide information.
- Assist in the production, revision, and dissemination of the Nursing Policy and Information Booklet for all Nursing Programs.
- Assists with design, layout and content of promotional brochures and flyers for Nursing.
- Update and maintains Nursing portal, community, and designated web pages.
- Takes, circulates, and digitally stores minutes for all standing committee and advisory Board meetings.
- Maintain digital signage.
- Oversees committee / event room scheduling, catering, technology and furniture requests.
- Assist with submittal of chairperson's classroom requests to the registrar.
- Schedules computerized testing as needed.
- Assist with scheduling meetings for administration, coordinators, and directors.
Event Planning and Support
- Serve as the general coordinator for events to include, but not limited to; Department Meetings, Advisory Board meetings, Faculty Search Committee Interviews, Sigma Theta Tau Induction Ceremony, Nightingale Ceremony, and Freshman/Sophomore Nursing Orientation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; room reservations, catering coordination, coordinate with Institutional Advancement on invitation publication / dissemination, maintain a record of RSVPs.
- Assists with organizing Curry College Student Nurses Association (CCSNA) events.
- Secures Departmental Evaluation Committee (DEC) files for faculty review.
- Oversees data management of Department documents.
- Generates various CWIS/Banner reports; performs various Banner inquiries.
- Collects electronic copies of all course syllabi and calendars each semester.
- Track program enrollment for program coordinators as needed.
Student Workers Oversight Responsibilities
- Hire Student workers.
- Coordinate, prioritize and assign tasks to student workers.
Unit Staff Support
- Works with Senior Administrative Assistant and Clinical Placement Administrator to maintain clinical contract currency.
- Provide administrative support to the Clinical Placement Administrator as needed.
- Assists with scheduling and maintaining simulation records.
- Works in conjunction with the Coordinator of the Nursing Resource Center (NRC) to maintain and provide assistance for technology in the NRC in the absence of the lab director.
- Coordinates tours of the NRC with the lab director and the Admissions Department.
- Process all check requests, reimbursements and purchase orders.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Department Chairs.
- A High School diploma is required. (Associates degree preferred).
- A minimum of one to three years' office administration experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Proficient computing skills and efficiency utilizing complex computing applications on the systems and programs of College's choice; currently by way of example, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to follow-up, follow-through, multi-task, set priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Experience in a college setting with proven technical abilities across a variety or complex software systems, relational databases, and web-based programs. Banner and Blackboard a plus.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration.
Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.