Administrative Assistant - Health Center
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant. Assists the Health Center Director with maintaining the mission, goals and objectives of the Health Center as it relates to the vision and mssion of Lynn University; provides support with the daily activities of the Health Center, including but not limited to: processing patient intake documentation and student health enrollment requirements, management of patient charts and other records, assists with office telephone coverage, appointment scheduling, registration, and patient referrals by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Expected to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ensures that patient confidentiality and trust are a key priority in all office activities.
- Organizes and maintains a filing system for patient charts, clinical forms, resource documents.
- Coordinates all patient appointments; follows up with patients regarding missed appointments.
- Greets and directs patients, medical representatives, and visitors, as necessary.
- Answers telephone and either responds to inquiry or directs caller to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains accurate, current files of registered University students in the Jenzabar system.
- Updates storage system with former student's health records for a period of (7) seven years.
- Collaborates with other departments to increase health & wellness educational programs, as a representative of the Health Center.
- Plans and promotes Health Center programs and events, including wellness days and all other awareness campaigns to enhance the University community's overall knowledge and to increase self-responsibility.
- Tracks and orders stock of supplies for office and program usage.
- Responsible for updating the trend tracker system for office visits, via the Daily Log.
- Creates and implements surveys or other data analysis methods to track trends.
- Coordinates and/or participates in special projects or activities, to meet the needs of the student population.
- Register patients by verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate.
- Verification and compliance of required immunizations.
- Responsible for designing, maintaining and updating all Health Center information on the web-site and university bulletin boards.
- Maintains a relationship with medical representatives in the community and keeps referral and resource guide current.
- Assist in development of short/long term planning strategies including policy and procedure development.
- Follow-up with all lab and insurance inquiries.
- Associate's degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year Cllege or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling+1 561-237-7290.
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.