Junior Finance Associate
Working Title: Junior Finance Associate
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: School of Medicine, Finance
Posting Date: 08-28-2017
The Finance Department within the School of Medicine is seeking a Junior Finance Associate. The Junior Finance Associate will report directly to the School of Medicine's Assistant Controller and provide support for account reconciliations, reimbursements, account transactions, policy and process review, data migration, funds delivery, and special projects. This entry level position will be exposed to many areas of the business within the School of Medicine in an effort to create a well-rounded Finance team member who can grow within the organization.
The successful candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance by the start date. No professional experience is required. The successful candidate must have the ability to analyze and clearly present data, proficiency in MS Office, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1) Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards.
2) Ability to analyze and present information.
3) Strong analytic and numerical ability.
4) Working knowledge of financial operations.
5) Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
6) Proficiency in computer applications, especially with numerical and statistical applications, such as Excel.
7) Ability to learn and master a variety of database and software programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82615