Part Time Benefits Data Analyst
Posting Date August 28, 2017
Position Title Part Time Benefits Data Analyst
Vacancy # Temp
Department Human Resources
Division Human Resources
Under direct supervision of the Associate Director of Benefits, Leave Management, Accommodations & Workers Compensation, the Benefits Data Analyst is responsible for managing day-to-day creating reports custom formulas, configuring, and processing weekly/monthly/quarterly health, dental, and pension reports. The analyst will play a crucial role in the design and execution of all State reporting process. Will co-lead oversight of the smooth operation of the Benefits department which includes the responsibility for workers compensation, health, dental, and pension reports.
- Primary responsibility for creating reports custom formulas, configuring, and processing weekly/monthly/quarterly health, dental, and pension reports to ensure compliance with policy and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and provide customized specific reports utilizing Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Access.
- Responsible for enhancing, designing, and writing custom reports formulas to ensure all reports meets requirements.
- Ensure reports are delivered in a timely manner by accurate reporting, data exchange and making necessary changes to improve data accuracy.
- Responsible for creating, configuring new reports, and updating existing reports.
- Collaborate with both Finance department and the State to understand reporting and data requirements based on day to day operations.
- Maintain a running log of all documentation that required change.
- Responsible for identifying, investigating, analyzing report errors/inconsistencies, and provide timely resolutions.
- Work with Payroll, IT, and Workday operations team to resolve any data discrepancy related to report errors.
- Ensure report data is clean, correct in the system, and keep an ongoing log of any discrepancies and/or change.
- Prepares all necessary, records, documentation, and backup data to reports, as required by various regulatory agencies.
- Prepare payments and wire transfers voucher for Finance department.
- Assist management and other departments, as directed, with special projects.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description.
- Workday knowledge, a plus.
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access (required)
- Very strong reporting skills required; with the ability to create complex report models.
- Strong self-started with a sense of ownership.
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of administering benefits, preferably in a higher education institution.
Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION