Staff Accountant for Capital Assets and Debt Management
- Accounting for all plant fund transactions related to capital assets, debt, deferred charges, interest and deposits with bond trustees.
- Reconcile related balance sheet accounts, along with identification, analysis and resolution of discrepancies in a timely manner. Ability to clearly document procedures and action plans.
- Coordinate and conduct activities involved with maintaining a capital asset inventory for the University, including asset verification and tagging, asset location transfer verification, and asset disposal verification, along with proper documentation of such in the financial system.
- Perform physical inventory of equipment on an annual basis, preferably through a monthly cycle count procedure.
- Analyze related income statement lines in order to determine the completeness of capital asset additions.
- Perform the Commodity Reviewer function in the financial system for all Capital Asset purchases.
- Provide backup and assistance to Senior Accountant for Capital Assets and Debt Management, including maintenance of Plant Fund Chart of Accounts.
- Other projects and analyses as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Knowledge of capital asset and debt accounting and reporting requirements.
- Ability to work with electronic financial systems (ERP systems and reporting tools), extract data, and reconcile financial transactions.
- Technical proficiency with Word and advanced Excel and data analysis functions.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, analytical, time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, to prioritize tasks and establish work plans and timelines.
- Dedicated professional and team player with excellent communication skills and good judgment.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in the field or related area.
- Master's degree in business-related discipline or Certified Public Accountant license.
- Prior experience in a University environment or other research intensive organization.
- Experience and knowledge of the Kuali Financial System or other systems with a capital assets module.
Plant Fund Accounting
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police